PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 and Angioplasty

tgilson
26th Aug 2008, 12:38
Hello All ,

Just had a bit of an event with the old ticker ( last week ) and now have 3 nice new shiny stents in 1 artery with minimal damage elsewhere. Been through all the stuff with the CAA and now grounded for the mandatory 6 months , but would like to hear from any of you who have been in the same situation. I intend to use the time off to get fitter , lighter and lower both blood pressure and cholesterol and so hopefully my heart should actually be working better than when I had my last medical.

So , has anybody been able to get back an unrestricted Class 1 after something like this ? From talking to the CAA , it seems as though multi-crew would be the best I can hope for which would mean giving up my dream job ( HEMS ) that I have at the moment. Seems to me that if I achieve all my goals , I will be in better shape than I was before I passed my last physical plus much more mindful of what is happening to my body. This throws up a couple more questions - what about aerial work or instructing , has anybody been down that road ? Finally , aside from the North Sea which I don't want to do , anyone know of any other multi-crew operations in the UK ?

That's it ! ......... Fly Safe.

Regards .......... Tony Gilson

TeeS
26th Aug 2008, 14:14
Hi Tony

Glad to hear the recovery is going well.
London is the only 2 pilot HEMS operation that I know of!
Best of luck with getting back in the saddle.

Cheers

TeeS