PDA

View Full Version : AH to become HA?

industry insider
26th Aug 2008, 11:46
At the risk of being ridiculed for starting another rumour on a rumour network, I have heard that Australian Helicopters maybe in talks with Helicopters Australia (HNZ) regarding a buyout of AH by HA/HNZ. The source was in the leasing part of our industry and just maybe involved in valuing some AH assets.

pohm1
27th Aug 2008, 02:24
Does that mean it would become AH (HA(HNZ))?

Sounds great, I wonder if they'll widen the net, and take over Heli-Aust and Aust-Heli, can't imagine what the letterheads would look like:p

P1

spinwing
27th Aug 2008, 18:06
Mmmmm .....

Sounds like a "load of Bollocks" to me ......

:E

dragonsfly
28th Aug 2008, 09:29
They will probably end up having 5 different pay scales for multi engine IFR Captains if they do, a few more than the two rediculous pay scales they currently have for their IFR drivers.

DF

David Earley
23rd Oct 2008, 02:41
Confirmed today to all AHPL staff;
Australian Helicopters is in the process of being purchased by Archer Capital, one of Australia’s leading private equity managers. Archer willl become a 100% owner. Australian Helicopters will continue to operate with the same management, staff, and business unchanged.
A great move for the future of the company.

666 advo
24th Oct 2008, 01:41
That's correct DE, cos as we all know big finance company takeovers are unlikely to insist on any changes to their newly acquired company!

They are bound to invest heavily in improving existing contracts by injecting cash into them to improve working conditions even though the contracts already deliver with the bare minimums of pay and conditions and they are unlikely to make swingeing cost cutting moves to ensure a return on their acquisition. I think it is highly unlikely that smaller existing contracts that don't yield the correct return will be axed.............

Isn't the motivation for management buy out finance companies to acquire, improve and sell on with min cost and min turnaround time?:=

Curious2
24th Oct 2008, 07:10
Perhaps David should clarify his comment that it is good news for all. If the company goes on unchanged in terms of management etc then what is the advantage? Does the new owner bring years of experience in the helicopter industry? Do they bring lots of money for new machines and parity of wages?

If not then the above post is probably the more correct version. Since when does a private equity company take over a company to the advantage of the employees?

I will watch this space with interest! Still if it doesn't work out and pilots get upset and leave you can always go to the next tree and give it a shake for new ones can't you? :rolleyes:

To the employees of AustHeli I honestly wish you all the best and hope it does work out for you. Goodluck in Vic and I can't wait to see where you pop up next.

Friendly Black Dog
26th Oct 2008, 01:03
These truly are strange days when the sharks start eating their own.:confused:

FBD

Zoomtrap
2nd Nov 2008, 08:42
I agree Curious2, it will be business as usual for now but give it six to twelve months. The new company will likely want to build the organisation then sell it on or offer an IPO, this will mean 'changes' no doubt. Interested to hear who will be running the new show, anyone know?