PDA

View Full Version : Making up for lost time

EN48
24th Aug 2008, 23:30
I got started off in aviation on the wrong path (planks) and didnt know any better for 40 years. In the last 18 months, I have discovered helicopters and am trying to make up for lost time. Presently completing CPC-Helicopter and Instrument-Helicopter add-ons to my airplane certificates/ratings. Recently went to Bell Academy for the 407 Initial course, and now considering doing the S76 Initial at Flight Safety. Wondering if any here have been there and done that, and can offer any critique/advice and guidance on prerequisites, or other useful info?

Thanks,

EN48

EN48
25th Aug 2008, 11:31
TS,

I do not fly planks or helicopters for a living. I once considered that long ago and concluded that the economics of flying for a living would not work for me. So, flying has been a life long passion and personal growth outlet which I approach with a professional mindset. I have paid for every hour I have flown and will do the same for the S76 Initial. I have no objective other than to master the challenge of a new machine, and to experience what might have been if I had elected a flying career. The center of the universe is at 8 DME on the 267 radial.