PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Saudi Arabia!

Pilotphill
24th Aug 2008, 14:26
Hi guys, just wanting to find out of there is any work for low time pilots in Saudi. Got some family moving out there and thought it would be a good opportunity to build hours.

Soap Box Cowboy
24th Aug 2008, 14:54
You might want to get out a map and take note that Saudi Arabia is not in Africa. You might have better luck asking for info in the Middle east forum.

Pilotphill
24th Aug 2008, 15:00
Very observant of you soap boy! i've posted it there as well! just thought some of the guys on the african forum would have some experience in those parts! :ugh:

50feet
24th Aug 2008, 16:43
well a quick reality check is that the yanks are coming to take all the jobs with furloughs in the states. low hours ? 200 tt?? i dont think you have much chance im afraid - go try nam and maun! prob your best bet

BLINKERS
24th Aug 2008, 16:45
Having been in the Sand Pit for the last nine years I have a reasonable idea of what is going on there. Try the NetJets Middle East, you will need an FAA licence with some jet time, so how low is low time ? As for moving with family, you will need to be younger than 18 and still going to school. It is one hell of a mission getting into Saudi, but if you can land a position, the company helps.

Don't give up is the motto. Type ratings are most important, there is no piston flying, no recreational flying and no small companies doing charter work like in SA.