PDA

View Full Version : Light aircraft crash at rand airport

mkenya
24th Aug 2008, 14:16
I am informed that a light aircraft crashed today in the vicinity of rand airport with 3 souls on board, one male pilot another male and a female passenger.
Am told the two gentlemen managed to walk away from the flight but the lady perished. The extend of the injury I have not yet established.
Anyone with further information?
My biggest heartfelt condolences.

Pilotphill
24th Aug 2008, 14:33
go to iol.co.za info about the accident posted there..

sanityclaws
25th Aug 2008, 11:52
has there been any more info on the crash, i.e what type of plane and what the suspected cause was?

WhinerLiner
25th Aug 2008, 12:08
Very sad. Strength for all those involved and thoughts with the family.

birdlady
25th Aug 2008, 13:24
AvCom - Your Aviation Community (http://www.avcom.co.za) has a little more info if your looking.

Airbusfreak12345
28th Aug 2008, 08:14
ZS-MHA
Piper Arrow P28R-200
Rand Flight Academy

CALCULATOR
28th Aug 2008, 12:48
I regret to advise the pilot of the aircraft passed away today in hopital.

mkenya
30th Aug 2008, 14:24
The male passenger passed away yesterday morning too. Though he seemed to be doing well the previous day. Some organ failure.
God rest their souls in peace

ruma
3rd Sep 2008, 20:31
:sad:The two males were Nigerian and a South African lady. Out of which one of the male was the son of a retired aircraft maintenance engineer based in Port Harcourt. The body will be arriving Bethel, in Delta state for interment sometimes this weekend. May their gentle soul rest in Peace. Sometimes in early this year another Nigerian died in a similar scenario while on flight training in South Africa.:E