PDA

View Full Version : Lasham Air Fair - 6th September - all welcome

172 driver
24th Aug 2008, 11:34
In September, Lasham Gliding Society is holding the UK Qualifying round of the FAI/IGC Sailplane Grand Prix series, a new format of glider racing which is designed to be more interesting to watch and which culminates each day in a straight 'race to the line'. All the gliders will be trackable on-line via satellite data feeds from each glider. On the final day, 6th September, we're having a public event and you're all welcome to fly in even with an engine up front. :eek: We've got good grass, a long runway for those who need it, and we're not planning any winch cables in the air that day.

We'll have the final day of the Grand Prix racing, parachuting, a number of air displays and an attempt by the British Disabled Flying Association (BDFA) to pull a DHL 757 along the runway from their wheelchairs! The event is in aid of the BDFA and the Lasham Trust. Landing fee of £20 covers entry to the event for all occupants. (We're also having a bit of a party in the evening to celebrate our 50th birthday, but that's extra!)

For more information about the event, see UK Sailplane Grand Prix 2008 (http://www.gp2008.co.uk/) .

Landings are from 0800-1050 with departures from 1800. All landings are PPR and if you would like to come in please call 01256 384900 for a slot.

Hope to see a few pprune contributors here!

Regards
Alastair Mackinnon
Manager, LGS

BRL
24th Aug 2008, 11:37
Looks like a cracking event, I am off that day (long weekend) so should be there myself.

Let's hope the weather gets better!

Blinkz
24th Aug 2008, 20:24
I live 5 mins from Lasham so am tempted to come watch! I'll have to check my roster and see if I'm working or not!

Sounds like an interesting change to the usual soaring competitions!

BRL
6th Sep 2008, 00:33
Good Luck guys, hope the rain keeps away. :)