PDA

View Full Version : Cabair Vs CTC

jamie230985
24th Aug 2008, 11:25
Hey guys,

I am currently finishing off my CPL with Wycombe Air Center (Booker) and was wondering whether it matters which organisation you use for training when it comes to job prospects?

I am considering changing over to CTC or another training provider but i am concerned that it will affect how i am viewed when it comes to job applications?! (based on what Cabair tells all its students)

Any Advice?

akindofmagic
24th Aug 2008, 15:09
I am considering changing over to CTC or another training provider but i am concerned that it will affect how i am viewed when it comes to job applications?! (based on what Cabair tells all its students)

I'm a bit confused as to exactly what you're asking. If you've nearly finished your CPL, you wouldn't (as far as I know) be eligible for the CTC Wings Scheme. Your only option with CTC would be the ATP Scheme if and when it reopens, and then only after you have obtained a CPL/IR.

With regard to changing training providers mid-course, I think that in general, if you're applying for a first job, an employer would prefer that you have an easily verifiable training record. Generally, it would be a bad idea to have completed training piecemeal at a wide variety of FTOs, but training at a couple shouldn't be an issue.

Another TD
25th Aug 2008, 19:18
Hi
If you train at WAC you can state you are trained by Cabair according to their info pack. That is good enough....if true.
Whats your impression of WAC training? I'm thinking of training with them very soon.
Thanks.

jamie230985
28th Aug 2008, 17:17
WAC has been the best training I have had to date. The company is professional, the instructors are approachable and helpful and the attitude in the school is to ensure you as a student gets the best out of your experience!!

I have certainly learnt a lot from my time here.