PDA

View Full Version : AAC Officer help

TyphoonThunder
23rd Aug 2008, 15:04
Hi Guys,
I'm quite new to the PPrune setup so first of all apologies if this is in the wrong section.
I'm looking at going into the Army Air Corps as an officer and was wondering if there was anyone current or previously serving in the AAC that could help. Firstly I was wanting to know the proceedure to expect in applying for the AAC. Is it prety much a dead cert if you apply to go AAC that you will get it?If not, what improves your odds?
Secondly, what should I expect if/when I get selected for AAC?lenght of initial training?
Thanks in Advance,

Duane

Lafyar Cokov
24th Aug 2008, 09:51
Go to the military forum and look at the 'sticky' at the top entitled: OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!

Halfwayback
25th Aug 2008, 19:39
Moved here on the basis that someone might be able to give guidance and a 'heads up'.

Perhaps a less than harsh response might clear up a few misconceptions about the current acceptance rates!

HWB

airborne_artist
25th Aug 2008, 19:47
Where are you in the application process? My understanding is that your regimental choice is not confirmed until mid-way or so through your third term at RMAS, and that you need to be in the top 25% to get a realistic chance of joining the AAC.

Have you spoken to:

Officer Career
SO2 Recruiting
HQ DAAvn
Middle Wallop
Stockbridge
Hants
SO20 8DY

Tel: 01264 784302

Fax: 01264 784163

Email:
[email protected] ([email protected])

They won't bite, and will be quite happy to talk you through the process. Bear in mind that you have to a) pass FATs at RAF Cranwell, and b) pass flying grading.

UglyOneOne
7th Sep 2008, 20:30
I have recently returned from the much feared and dreaded Aircrew Aptitude tests up at Cranwell and what a blast it was. Your merged with hopeful candidates from all three forces and the bonds formed over the days you are there have the ability to last a lifetime.

If you fail any part of the tests conducted you are sent home that day with people you were eating breakfast with in the mess that morning having suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth.

This is your first step in the large staircase laid out before you if your hoping to become an AAC pilot or any other force pilot for that matter. The medical looks at all aspects of your person and are not to be feared if you are a generally healthy active person with no trouble in the sensory department.

Don't worry if you see yourself as a 'weed' compared to a bulky, muscly rugby player as the latter can be a hinderance in some respects.

Nor is the aptitude test as scary as portrayed. Various tests composed of maths based questions as well as analytical and memory are all involved. I saw myself as a pretty average person before the tests and really worried about the tests as i didn't think I had the brain for it but after a quick call to Middle Wallop the day after I got back my mind was set at rest by the recruitment officer as he nonchalantly told me I had passed.

Go to your local AFCO (Armed Forces Careers Office) tell them what you want to do and they will do the rest. I know I rambled on but I wanted to set your mind at rest and tell you about the first step towards a great carrer.

Good Luck!