PDA

View Full Version : my icao english level 4 test is next thursday ,, any advices ?!!!!

7oodaz
23rd Aug 2008, 14:41
hey , i'm from egypt and my icao english level 4 test is next thursday ,, iam going to join egypt aviation academy
i need some help with the english test, , any information about the test will be useful ,,
thanks in advance!

Euro_Pilot
23rd Aug 2008, 15:33
Take an English Profiency Test to Evaluate Your English Language Skills (http://www.transparent.com/tlquiz/proftest/english/tlengtest.htm)
Hope this helps a bit. It's a self-evaluation English language test.

daria-ox
23rd Aug 2008, 19:09
Hmmm, I've done this test just few minutes ago, I've scored 91% :ooh: I wonder what ICAO level I will be on. I have my test coming up soon too, but to be honest, I'm not preparing for it really, I'm doing few tests on internet, but first of all I want to see how I'll do without studying and then if I'll fail, work on the things I need help with :ok:

mr.tos
24th Aug 2008, 09:36
Hey, I'm from Egypt and my I.C.A.O English level 4 test is next Thursday. I'm going to join Egypt Aviation Academy.
I need some help with the English test, any information about the test will be useful.
Thanks in advance!

There's a start :ok:

NorthRider
24th Aug 2008, 09:45
Go for level 5 or 6:}

Lafyar Cokov
24th Aug 2008, 09:49
Its "Any advice"!!!!!

:}

IRRenewal
24th Aug 2008, 10:39
Its "Any advice"

It's "Any advice"

Farrell
24th Aug 2008, 11:08
OK.....

Regardless of what your score is in a standard Oxford, Cambridge or other ELT test, it will have no real bearing on what your ICAO English Language Proficiency Test results will be.

"Aviation" English is the key here. The test will be aviation related. The fact that you can talk about football, restaurants and the weather will be taken into consideration but you will also have to demonstrate proficiency in radiotelephony procedures.

If you are joining a flight training centre and they are doing the test before you commence training, then they are running the risk of you not having the required vocabulary for aviation related themes.

My guess is that you will just be doing a basic language competency test for training - if it IS an ICAO Level Check test then I would have serious reservations about its worth.

To be honest, I think that most of the ICAO testing programmes are farcical in the way that they are being misused and abused by training centres and aviation authorities.

A lot of the cowboy suppliers of these tests are out there, purely to make a buck at the expense and, in some cases, the naivety of some organisations.
One particular shower that I worked for had virtually no quality control in place - nor respect for clients. Anyway - that's another story.
Just to add - no Aviation English Test provider is ICAO "endorsed" - contrary to some of the ridiculous claims out there.

Brush up on your aviation vocabulary and above all, keep talking in the oral interview part - assuming that they have one!