PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Results - I Heard A World Record Has Been Set!!

leewills8
23rd Aug 2008, 08:43
Having got my phase B results for my ATPL's (all passes 96% average) i hear that a new world record has been broken for the 100% in VRF Coms!!

The previous record was around the 2 minute flat mark, but super ex-"TopGun" pilot, Steve "The Venerable" Adams, has smasshed this and got the 100% in 1 minute, 17 seconds!! Yes you heard it hear first, 1m17s 100%VFR Coms.

I hope one day to meet the great man himself and learn much from him.

All i know is he is a current student at London Met, probably the best ground school in the world now!!

Adios
23rd Aug 2008, 09:52
That's a bit Over The Top and was hopefully tongue-in-cheek. VFR Comms is an easy exam and the guy did it from memory.

When London Met consistently produce massive amounts of students getting 100s on many exams, you can say they're the best while simultaneously having no failures. Until then, they're one good school among many.

acuba 290
23rd Aug 2008, 10:41
best groundschool in the world, it will be, wenn one student can do "Principles of Flight", "General Navigation" or "Instruments" in 1 m 17s ;)

clanger32
23rd Aug 2008, 11:15
Now, Amen to that Acuba....
in fact I think any groundschool that can consistently get most of it's students getting 100% in those subjects can have a decent shout at that!

adz1616
23rd Aug 2008, 15:54
sounds good im starting at london met a week on monday!!

nibi786
23rd Aug 2008, 16:03
I know people that have gained 100%ers in VFR Comms whilst literally holding their breath in the exam room..... (not me - i took 7 mins!!)

I also know people that complete it quickly and wait the remainder of their exams to make use of the £62 or whatever it is now spent on the damn things!!

...importantly - lets not get carried away and say that the fella comes from the best groundschool in the world....:S - if he did, they woulda taught him more sense than that ;)

gmac1977
23rd Aug 2008, 18:29
The last time I spent £62 for 1 min was in Amsterdam when I was sixteen years old!

Adios
23rd Aug 2008, 21:40
Gmac,

Hopefully, as Nibi explains, you've learned to take the full hour now and savor the experience to get your money's worth in Amsterdam. I suspect most 16 YOs only take a minute though!

Still made me LMAO though.

davidbrent
24th Aug 2008, 12:28
LEE WILLIAMS YOU ABSOLUTE DAWG!!!!!

1min 17 secs, i remember putting my hand-up to get the invigilators attention when i still had 2 questions left, in order to minimise the time it took for him to walk over to my desk...

i thought i might have dropped a question or two, but i got the results slip to prove it, 100%

i would like to thank Bristol of Course and the highly venerable David Horton, all those sim sessions payed off!!!! lol

Steve Adams - VFR Virtuoso!!!

Mikehotel152
25th Aug 2008, 21:57
Pah, I got 100% for both VFR and IFR Comms, with a combined time of 7 minutes - and that includes running through the questions twice...s l o w l y...and waiting until others had left so I didn't look like I was taking the wee-wee...Most people in my class weren't far behind. The room was empty within 15 minutes.

Oh, and 100% for HF in 12 minutes...:ok:

The ridiculous thing is actually the other end of the scale, where you only get something like 2 hours for flight planning (or was that M&B?) and I don't know about the rest of you but I could have done with another 2 hours in the Gen Nav exam!!! The CAA just haven't got a clue as to the proper timing of the exams. :ugh:

dontpressthat
25th Aug 2008, 22:05
Around 3 mins each paper for me, 1st out in both.. felt a bit guilty putting my hand up so quick, nevermind. 2x 100% helps bring the average up and makes up for the tougher propper exams!!

DPT

Ayla
26th Aug 2008, 02:27
The schools must be getting good at targeting questions. I know Bristol have a pretty accurate database!

charlieryland1
26th Aug 2008, 08:43
Steve Adams - the Patrick Geary of VFR!!!!!

Mohit_C
26th Aug 2008, 09:04
Has anyone ever got 100% average in all the ATPL's?

davey147
26th Aug 2008, 11:41
I got 100% for both VFR and IFR Comms exams, it took me exactly 1 hour combined for both exams. :ok:

clanger32
28th Aug 2008, 08:04
Mohit,
Best I'm aware of is a guy on my course who got 12 * 100% and 2 * 99%...one question wrong on Ops and one on Gen Nav. None of the G/S instructors were aware of anyone who had done better.
Still....don't think many people would complain at that...

Mohit_C
31st Aug 2008, 20:05
Is it possible to resit an exam which you have passed?

MartinCh
31st Aug 2008, 21:44
Mohit_C Is it possible to resit an exam which you have passed?

?????? and another ??
If you feel like financial S/M, PM me for my email. You can send me cash via PayPal and pretend to take another exam in your spare time..