PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Australia or New Zealand for A320 F/Os

NIK_
21st Aug 2008, 15:45
Hello guys,

I am looking for a new challenge in Australia or New Zealand to work as First Officer. I am type rated on A320, have 1400hrs on type and 2000hrs tt. I have already sent my CV to Jetset Australia and Tiger Airways, unfortunately I havenīt received any reply from both:yuk:
Because I live in Europe and have an JAA licence is there any company recruiting FOīs from outside?

I would really appreciate any help, hints,advices, you can also send me an PM

Is there any other company looking for A320 guys?

Thanks;)

flyboylipad
21st Aug 2008, 16:35
Hey Nik,

Have you tried posting in Dunnunda & Godzone? might get better response there.

All aussie airlines require you to have CASA lincense, so you might have to convert, and you must also have the right to work in OZ.:ok:

Try also VB Virgin Blue, they dont have A320 but have new B737NGs and E17Os..

Good Luck

Flyboy

mingalababya
22nd Aug 2008, 01:11
I have already sent my CV to Jetset Australia and Tiger Airways, unfortunately I havenīt received any reply from both:yuk:

Jetset is a travel agent in Australia, not an airline. If it's Jetstar you're referring to, then here are their minimum requirements (http://www.bfound.net/det-entry.aspx?jobid=60085&CoId=27&rq=2). Note that you need to hold, or be eligible to hold, relevant Australian Permanent Residency status or an unrestricted right to work in Australia.

NIK_
22nd Aug 2008, 07:03
Thank you guys for your quick reply

Of course if mean Jetstar and not Jetset, my fault!

Anyway, really appreciate your information

Regards

NIK:)

moneytalk001
22nd Aug 2008, 13:57
Hey NIK

Don't want to be a wet blanket...but mate..!! Right now there is oversupply of pilot in Oz..

Iam an Ozzy with Oz Lic TT shy of 2000hrs. With jets never got call from any of the mod in Oz..:rolleyes:, i ll go as far as i wanted to join flying T'prop..just want to go home...miss the family..did the interview..just waiting for a start date...got a letter saying "PI#$ Off"...:{

Hance i am overseas flying jet...i suggest you stick to where you mate for now.....

Good luck...

fourgolds
26th Aug 2008, 10:16
Nik , I suggest the opposite . Apply apply apply. Put the lines in the water and wait for the fish to bite you never know. Do not be distracted by the naysayers. Because if you do , they have more chance of getting the job. May the best man win !!

NIK_
26th Aug 2008, 18:51
Hi

@fourgolds; thank you very much for your advice.

I do my best, I have contact the department by e-mail, but no reply:bored:

So, do you have an contact person?

Greetings

NIK