PDA

View Full Version : Professional Studies Loan Help

isi3000
20th Aug 2008, 16:02
Hi there, does anyone know which branch of HSBC (if any) other than Kidlington, does a professional studies loan for an aviation degree? My local one keeps turning me away :{

Adios
20th Aug 2008, 22:59
Oxford city centre branch for OAA
Milton Keynes branch for Cabair
Bournemouth branch, I suppose, for CTC

If you're not going to one of these schools HSBC will not fund you unless you get lucky and find either a ballsy or an uninformed loan officer.

FTE students are funded by BBVA. Google them and you'll find several branches in London. I've no idea if they will be helpful or not for any FTO besides FTE.

hollingworthp
21st Aug 2008, 05:40
I seem to recall that BBVA will discuss PSL loans for OAA students but I am not one of their clients so cannot say for certain.

isi3000
23rd Aug 2008, 17:18
Ok, thanks :ok:

jamie230985
23rd Aug 2008, 18:42
i actually used to work for HSBC & my mother is a commercial manager there. I studied at Bucks New Uni on the modular ATPL & degree combined course and when we looked into the ability to gain a PSL for some of the guys on my course it proved difficult as HSBC only like handing out money to those with a degree!!

The information above is correct, Bournemouth, Oxford & Milton Keynes are the three main branches however any branch (business center) has the ability to help and fill in the documentation however you will need an impressive in depth business plan to succeed!!

Good Luck!!

isi3000
24th Aug 2008, 03:36
Thanks Jamie. Yeah they did keep saying 'postgraduate bla, bla bla...'