PDA

View Full Version : Starting Integrated ATPL Training without previous experience

350Z
20th Aug 2008, 15:10
Anyone else think this is slightly crazy? I know a lot of people do it and to be honest I was almost one of them 6 months ago! Ok so I had a 'trial flight' at my local school but this was one hour in a light aircraft, looking back I don't think it was really enough to form decision that would affect the rest of my life (spending £60k+ on an Integrated course and committing myself to a career in aviation) But so many do it!

This flight training game is a crazy one and very expensive also! Think I may just looking into obtaining my PPL for now and wait to see how 'things' pan out.

Shunter
20th Aug 2008, 15:15
I think in the current climate you'd be insane to blow £60k on an integrated course.

BerksFlyer
20th Aug 2008, 15:18
I agree with you. I'm sure a fair few people have thought it would be a nice career, get on an integrated course, and before you know it they realise they don't actually like flying. Some sort of experience would be recommendable for everyone, you can't risk so much on something you've never done before.

350Z
20th Aug 2008, 15:22
^Exactly, and even then (presuming you like flying) whose to say you'll like the pilot lifestyle!? Just don't know until its too late I guess! At least in other industries/jobs you can quit if you don't like it...I suppose you could do the same if you were a pilot but its a lot of hard work and money you're throwing away.