PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Distance Learning

Dupre
19th Aug 2008, 23:15
Hola!

There seems to be some disagreement in the wannabees forums about this, so I thought I would pose the question here.

Is there currently a working JAA ATPL distance learning course in English, run from Spain?

Thanks!

Dupre.

yellowsubmarine
20th Aug 2008, 03:27
Not entirely sure, but I would suggest the following schools: aerofan or Gestair in Madrid, (I wouldn't waste your time with the other schools at cuatro vientos) Aerodynamics malaga. Oh and if that fails then I would try Adventia based at Salamanca's Matacan airport.

Good luck.

jerezflyer
27th Aug 2008, 12:09
The only one I know of is run by panamedia in Palma de Mallorca - they use the Oxford Aviation Training books. All others mentioned in the post are full time ground school, and the one in Aerodynamics is in Spanish. Most options in Spain are for the Integrated ATPL candidate unfortunately for us modular people........

Strobe lights
28th Aug 2008, 11:04
Aerofan has an ATP course which I found it very good and cheap.
I know some people never showed up and thatīs ok.
Ask them about it.
In my humble opinion (and I had some experience before going threw JAA ATP course), they have very good teachers and going to some classes itīs really worth it).

Good luck whatever you choose.
SL

Jennifer.Imme
1st Oct 2010, 05:14
Oxford Aviation has to be one of the best, if not the best in Europe and possibly the word (Bit biased though as that's where I'm training!). Also check out EFT (European Flight Training) in Jerez in Spain, they very good and Cabair in Cranfield here in the UK, also thought to be very good.

I did my phase 1 ground school way back at the beginning of last year between January and April on a full time classroom course at OAT and found it to be most helpful having no distractions and having other guys in the same position around me. However, I'm someone that hates 9 to 5 days so I didn't enjoy it that much and probably didn't get too much out of it.

I'm about to get all my phase 2 stuff out of the way by distance learning (http://www.theonlineschools.net). You certainly need to be strict with yourself when working at home, but as long as you stick to your plan you should be fine. I certainly prefer the freedom distance learning gives me. I can do four hours study a day, four hours flying and then do whatever I want for the rest of the time....pure bliss!