PDA

View Full Version : Questions abt Tiger Airways Singapore

EKULfreqflyer
19th Aug 2008, 02:10
Hi Guys,

Need Info on Tiger Airways Singapore... I saw the Website and really impressed.. Interested in Working for them...

1. Wht is the interview procedure like?
2. Im an Indian citizen. Can i get a Singapore CAA ATPL?
3. How is it working for them?
4. how is life in singapore like?

Pls let me know... Im really interested in this..

EKULfreqflyer

Left Wing
19th Aug 2008, 03:05
if you are 320 rated with FAA ATPL or DGCA ATPL..with min 500 hrs on type then you have a chance.

Tacolegend
19th Aug 2008, 04:28
Type rating and 500 hours on type are not required. But without the type rating and some time on it your chances a few in todays market.

Singapore is great but very expensive!!:mad:

You ability to get a CAAS ATPL is based on your current certificate and total time. You must sit the Singapore air law exam and possibly the type exam.

If you haven't checked it out I suggest

Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (http://www.caas.gov.sg/caas/en/index.html?__locale=en)

variablepitch
19th Aug 2008, 12:08
Does anyone know about joining Tiger with A330 rating - is CCQ possible.

Also what is the realistic time to command/hours requirement if you joined now?

thanks

Tacolegend
19th Aug 2008, 15:58
The big catch is that if you dont have a 320 type you have to go and buy your own.

forkingfishing
28th Sep 2008, 11:02
Does anybody have any information about the interview process?

Thanks FF

A37575
28th Sep 2008, 13:08
Does anybody have any information about the interview process

Regardless if you have never flown a jet or anything bigger than a Chieftain the simulator assessment is a tough one which includes 250 knots steep turns, engine failure and single engine ILS. Lasts for an hour.

forkingfishing
28th Sep 2008, 17:56
ok so it looks like we might be getting somewhere seeing that we almost have a 2 line gouge on the sim thanks to A37575 sounds like a fairly normal sim ride however A37575 can you confirm that you have had an interview seeing that you know so much about the sim ride care to elaborate a bit on your experience please?. Anyone else out there, how about the interview? or the whole process for that matter? Anyone?

Thanks

Left Wing
2nd Oct 2008, 03:16
Their training is done at alteon singapore with mix of alteon inst & tiger inst.

one day soon
24th Nov 2008, 10:35
Hi guys
Just wondering if Tiger are still taking on?
Tried contacting them with 500hrs+ on a320, 1000tt but with no response, then heard (may be just gossip) that they have recently took on a non rated guy.
Any news or info welcome:ok:

Flaperon777
1st Dec 2008, 13:40
Tiger not hiring temporarily at present due to the economic crisis.Some flights to planned destinations like KL/BKK and Bali have been curtailed (temporarily) due political unrest.
More to come.....
Lets hope for the best.

Left Wing
2nd Dec 2008, 02:28
for FO they prefer non rated as they are cheaper...

one day soon
14th Dec 2008, 10:44
The dreaded economic crisis is certainly proving to be 'global'!

I cant believe how things change......

During training the dream was to get a jet rating with the magic 500hrs on type as that was your guarantee to get jobs......:=
Now it appears that you are more likely to get a job if you have no rating and very little hours....:confused:
Go figure!!:{

Tacolegend
15th Dec 2008, 07:49
It's not that they perfer non-rated FO's, it is that they like to get some guys in with low time becuase until you have 1500 hours you make a lot less. With that said I was told directly that there were a large number low time 300 hour wonders hired to offset some direct entry captains required and that they don't want their entire FO pilot group staffed with these guys. Expect guys with time on type to be hired for the next few groups.

Whenever that happens. :ugh:

Jimmy Do Little
29th Dec 2008, 14:24
Hi Guys,

Need Info on Tiger Airways Singapore... I saw the Website and really impressed.. Interested in Working for them...

1. Wht is the interview procedure like?
2. Im an Indian citizen. Can i get a Singapore CAA ATPL?
3. How is it working for them?
4. how is life in singapore like?

Pls let me know... Im really interested in this..

EKULfreqflyer

Interview is a freindly chat with the CP. Normally done at the airport coffee shop. CP is a gentlman and quite friendly.

Most any ATPL can be converted to a Singapore ATPL, provided that the current license is valid and current. There are some "time on type" requirements, and you will have to sit one or more examinations.

Working for Tiger is generally pretty good. Fly a lot, but adaquate time off. However, if you have some adverse situation (Urgent family matters, etc) don't expect them to work with you on it or allow any flexibilty.

Life in Singapore can be what ever you make of it. it can be quite expensive, but condsidering that the average blue collar worker earns less than 3000 SGD, you should be able to get by on your Tiger salary quite well.

All in all, Tiger Air is a good company and a freindly bunch of folks to work with.

Good luck

Sonic69
14th Mar 2009, 10:43
Does anybody have any current news on Tiger Airways? A flight dispatcher friend told me that their loads are still alright (>70% on almost all flights).

Any new FOs been hired in the last 3 months?

Fly3
16th Mar 2009, 11:54
I spoke to them last week and the news was rather downbeat. Although new routes are coming on line they are cutting back on others so no need for more guys. They also have some pilots on loan from Tiger Australia. Next recruitment is likely to be in the autumn when they expect the next aircraft deliveries I think.

cruisercruiser
16th Mar 2009, 14:45
Has anyone heard of anybody with a fresh CPL joining Tiger by paying for a type rating?

Cheers!

thornycactus
19th Mar 2009, 07:52
Has anyone heard of anybody with a fresh CPL joining Tiger by paying for a type rating?
Donkey years ago but that was rumour.
Cheers!
NO MORE CHEERS! In Sillypore, it is "YUM-SENG"

AiRBuS_380
19th Mar 2009, 15:14
Hi,

300hrs??...hmmm WAKE UP DUDE!!

cruisercruiser
20th Mar 2009, 05:46
What I heard is Tiger will pay $30,000 and the fresh CPL holder will pay the other half with monthly deductions from the salary. I assume the new hire will have to be bonded for a number of years?

(Trying to) Cheers...

Metro man
20th Mar 2009, 10:21
Hey! A friend of mine told me that they are taking fresh CPL holders as long as job seekers willing to pay $60,000 for the type rating course.

Heard there is currently a batch which is on type rating training at a facility in Singapore,also Tiger Airlines has

No housing allowance
No kids education allowance
No transport allowance
No meal allowance ( bring your own food and tea )
No overtime payment
No loss of license insurance
No wide body upgrade
No profit sharing
No bonuses

But

Many termination of cockpit/cabin crew
Many threatening of termination from head of training department
Many red-eye flights
Many long night turnaround flights
Many pre-dawn flights
Many MELs

Are the rumour above true? Can anyone confirm the above? Please, before wannabes part with their $60,000 from home mortgage for the type rating course.

And do they consider Malaysian with CPL/IR/Frozen ATPL from Massey Uni-NZ? Will the Singapore CAA convert this license?

Thank you

No housing allowance - True
No kids education allowance - True
No transport allowance - True
No meal allowance ( bring your own food and tea ) - True, but bottled water provided
No overtime payment - True
No loss of license insurance - True
No wide body upgrade - True
No profit sharing - False, small capped scheme, depends on profitibality
No bonuses - True

Many termination of cockpit/cabin crew - Some, nothing alarming.
Many threatening of termination from head of training department. - A high standard and SOP compliance is demanded, if you can't meet this you will not last.
Many red-eye flights. Some, this is not a 9-5 job.
Many long night turnaround flights. See above
Many pre-dawn flights. Again, see above
Many MELs. - Some, however most of the aircraft are new. All done by the book. No pressure except to follow the rules.

Any licence conversion issues, best get the latest info direct from CAAS, it changes from time to time.:)

Dani
20th Mar 2009, 19:30
All information about Tiger are in this forum. Tick the "older than 1 year" box if required, most information haven't changed.

The 60 000$ are half upfront and half deducted.
The ops is clearly low cost - but very professional and with one of the highest team spirit I've ever met. Pay is quite good.

For CPL's: They took a few, but most are very experienced FOs and non-rated Capt. They also have to pay 60 000 if they don't have the TR.

Dani
(Tiger Pilot from beginning to 2007)

Von Smallhausen
5th Jun 2009, 21:42
Anyone got the latest captain salary/flight pay etc for Tiger, and how much this works out at take home per month?
Do they take Direct Entry Captains?
Are you bonded for any length of time?
Any other general info like morale, rostering etc?

Many thanks in advance.

jetjockey696
6th Jun 2009, 07:10
guys.. i am confused or i missed a forum somewhere.

as the last few pages.. Tiger air will accept fresh CPL holders and pay for type 60k..etc

But on there website.. they require:

•ICAO recognized ATPL
•Jet experienced, or more than 1000 hours on turboprop aircraft
•More than 1500 hours total time

•A320 rating, and experience, is a definite advantage however Tiger Airways does operate a self-sponsored training program for pilots not qualified on type.

This does not apply to the fresh CPL..

Please can you guys sort this out..

Sonic69
8th Jun 2009, 13:07
Well, I suppose the best way is to apply if you have a CPL and see what their reply is.
:)

fadedfootpaths
8th Jun 2009, 16:49
They dont reply:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

fadedfootpaths
9th Jun 2009, 00:31
Check ur PM

NEDude
10th Jun 2009, 18:03
Is Tiger looking at direct entry captains? I have spent some time in Singapore and really enjoyed it. I have an FAA type rating and 2000 hours on the A320.

Also, what does it take to get the right to live and work in Australia?

Plastic fantastic
11th Jun 2009, 00:15
It takes about the same as it would for a foreign pilot to get the right to live and work in the US! I would suggest that ,the current economic climate may ( will) reduce those chances by a fair amount.

NEDude
11th Jun 2009, 05:21
I guess I don't really know what it would take for a foreign pilot to work in the USA, never had to go through the process myself. But I know there are a lot of them here. I have flown with pilots from Canada, UK, El Salvador, Argentina, Trinidad, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, France, Australia and several other places as well. So I know it is possible.

Anyway, the reason I asked was on the Australian jobs area of Tiger it says they are taking direct entry captains, but on the Singapore jobs it doesn't seem to specify if they have DEC positions available or not. I have never been to Australia but would love to have an excuse to go, and I did enjoy my time in Singapore, so either would be fine with me.

unimuts
11th Jun 2009, 15:05
Hi

Has anyone had a reply yet ? I hold both European JAA ATPL and FAA ATP type rated on a320 but no reply yet.
:confused:

Unimuts

FlyingOW
12th Jun 2009, 05:04
Hello gents,

Are the figures quoted in PPJN accurate for DEC pay at Tiger in Singers?

What are min. requirements for a Type-rated DEC if any?

Many thanks,

OW

boocs
13th Jun 2009, 01:33
Trim,

Out of interest why did you leave?
b.