PDA

View Full Version : Cancelation

chrisy08
18th Aug 2008, 17:59
Hi All,Booked a scheduled flight with my family from Bristol to New York with Continental Airlines for the 28th December 2008 with accomadation in New York, I have now been informed that the scheduled flight on that particular day has been canceled, have been offered alternative flights on 27th or 29th but at extra cost?How do I stand, is this legally right?Many Thanks

TSR2
18th Aug 2008, 18:57
No, it is not correct.

If Continental Airlines have offered you alternative flights, then Rule 24 C) 1) of their Contract of Carriage applies which clearly states 'at no additional cost to the passenger'

However, as you have booked a 'package' with them, the additional cost may relate to the accommodation portion.

chrisy08
18th Aug 2008, 19:07
The holiday was a tailor made holiday booked through a travel agents, I am dealing with the travel agents and is them that are offering me flights on dates 27th or 29th. We did not book through Continental for the package holiday, but yet they want us to pay £180 more even though its there fault for cancelling there flight for that day (Sunday). M
Many Thanks

san diego
19th Aug 2008, 09:41
If it is a genuine package holiday put together by the agent, then as the 'principal' it is their responsibility to put the package back together again, if one of their suppliers, in this case CO, have let them down. Clearly they can't magic a flight out of thin air, but they could re book you on the same day through a different airport or rebook on a different day at the same price. If you choose to change days you pay, it works the same way if they change the day.

Flying_Frisbee
19th Aug 2008, 10:47
If you choose to change days you pay, it works the same way if they change the day.

The travel agent might have a clause in their T&C that they're not liable for costs incurred through changes outwith their control.

chrisy08
19th Aug 2008, 10:49
Exactly why we are so annoyed with Continental. We realise it is not the travel agents fault as there only telling us what they can see infront of them. We booked in January for 28th December but yet only got told on Friday that the 28th is now not operating from Bristol. We have payed the doposit, got comformation etc etc so we thought that was it. Continental decided to end their flights to NY from Bristol on Sundays and as we booked to go on the sunday, it should be up to Continental to pay for any misunderstandings between us and the travel agents.
We are taking it further because we are not paying anymore. I know its only £180 but thats not the point really.
Thank you taking time to respond to me.

chrisy08
19th Aug 2008, 12:18
But to be honest, I dont see why we should pay for there faults. If we'd have booked to go on the 29th December instead of 28th in the first place they would not of asked for anymore money, so don't see how we should pay as it is not our fault, if you know what I mean?