PDA

View Full Version : Euroatlantic aptitude test

xoxa
18th Aug 2008, 06:45
Dear fellow people,

I would like to know what sort of aptitude test are given from Euroatlantic

Is there any website which i could access into ?
Please kindly help me.

Thank you .
:ok:

itaintgoingtothemoon
22nd Sep 2008, 12:28
that one is easy.

question-if the engine is hanging on by a thread, will you take the aircraft?

answer- yes - well done you've got yourself a job.

not recommended

arsilva
22nd Sep 2008, 18:34
is euroatlantic accepting pilot applications?

itaintgoingtothemoon
23rd Sep 2008, 09:30
Trust me, stay away.

You don't want to make a name for yourself & their name is becoming pretty poor.

Constantly in the safra/easa bad books, lost their very lucrative contract with etihad because of their lack of professionalism (which is rather funny when you hear the etihad stories). Fly to low tear destinations as too nervous to fly into the states & the EU regularly.

If you had a chance to read their logbooks, I confident you'd change your minds.

Their baldy maintained fleet spends long periods away from home & nothing ever goes into the book or runs the MEL.

A bit of a time bomb imho.

Guarantee you’ll pick up bad habits!

trancada
26th Sep 2008, 21:13
It is a good company for the first experience. To log some flying hours. But these guys are very amateur.

I knew some pilots with one year of contract, ab-initio on 757 and 767 waited one year to do the line check. They don't have any organised program of training. If you're not type rated must pay around €25000 for the type rating and good luck.

Some of the chief pilots are "shorties" ( not very tall :O:O:O) so these people are complicated.

Take care.

HiddenDragon
27th Sep 2008, 00:19
Take care on what you are saying, because they are not amateurs, they are good professionals in aviation operations. The big problem is that ACMI operation is unpredictable, depends only of Commercial Staff, the Ground and Flight Ops of EuroAtlantic take an enormous effort to put the planes on the ride!
Sometimes things go right, sometimes they dont, so those colleagues who stayed as relief for that long had really bad luck and timming (all the planes were based elsewhere, and flight ops couldnt fit those guys in any operation)

HiddenDragon
27th Sep 2008, 01:49
Surely things are not as you are saying! They lost some contracts that is for sure, but still they remain in the market and are frequently requested, every minute that goes by a new ACMI request enters the EAA offices.
You have to know for sure what is happening to comment, there are a lot of airline companies in europe and i can assure you that EAA is not one of the worst as you affirm!

Regards

Joćo Cunha
27th Sep 2008, 12:17
That is not true! euroAtlantic is not amateur, they have Captains from the portuguese airforce, one of them was the flight operation director at TAP, until a few years ago.

I can say they work at some of the most difficult airports in the world... experience they are. I flew in the cockpit a few times, they follow the checklist, in resume, in may opinion they are very professional.

A side note, they write on the Techlog, and they also use the MEL.

Best Regards,

Joćo