PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide back?

i-Robot
17th Aug 2008, 18:38
The Sunday Times is reporting that Nationwide might restart operations in November under new management. Anyone with inside gen?

Roy Kemp
18th Aug 2008, 15:24
Article in today's Business Day gives more info.

Ibhayi
18th Aug 2008, 21:32
OK how about a link ?

Flyer14
18th Aug 2008, 21:52
Ask and thou shall receive......:ok:

http://http://www.businessday.co.za/articles/topstories.aspx?ID=BD4A824574

Don't know about this Blackbird outfit - heard they couldn't manage to run a flight school.:confused:

Jamex
19th Aug 2008, 07:52
According to the 8:00 news on 94.7 this morning, VB has been given until next week to decide whether he will sell his shares in Nationwide. If he does this will pave the way for the take-over bid which has been made. This bid will, apparently, be beneficial to ticket-holders. It would seem the potential buyer has identified VB as a problem. Must be a PPRUNER!:ok:

withaflash
19th Aug 2008, 15:19
Ok, so lets say all goes according to plan and NW starts operations again - who is going to fly their aircraft? Is there any of their ex Commanders available? And if so, will these gentleman go back for round two??

Would be interesting to know.

ChiyaWena
19th Aug 2008, 16:36
What would be more interesting is knowing where the ex Natiowide pilots stand it terms of being called back to work if the company starts up again. Don't think to many of them have officially 'resigned' from the company.:\

spacedaddy
19th Aug 2008, 20:01
Well it's true! A group of us WEE partners got it for a steal. We plan to operate the space shuttle to Singapore and use Ford Tri-Motors as the feeders. You silly rumor people. My Goodness!
SD

fly nice
20th Aug 2008, 15:14
Uyageza Wena?

would be more interesting is knowing where the ex Natiowide pilots stand it terms of being called back to work if the company starts up again.

yeah, don't you know that they all get put on a shelf for up to a year or two so that a possible new owner may demand their services at will, . . . . OR NOT!!!:hmm:

45 days since their last flight, I think?

Ibhayi
20th Aug 2008, 18:37
Once a company is in liquidation I think all contracts become null and void, however claims from creditors take preference first so I think they are at the back of que with any legal claim. I THINK.

eish
20th Aug 2008, 19:08
"There's more bad news for Nationwide Airlines passengers who are still holding on to flight vouchers.

An investment deal aimed at getting the airline back into the skies has been delayed supposedly in their best interests.

Nationwide stopped operating earlier this year leaving scores of passengers grounded.

The possible sale of the airline to black empowerment company Blackbird Aerospace has been postponed because there are no guarantees the prospective owners would stick to routes serviced by Nationwide.

This has raised concerns for those in possession of vouchers for the grounded airline who might not be able to claim as promised because Blackbird might not fly the routes which the vouchers are valid for.

Nationwide has since called a halt to negotiations until this matter can be clarified.

In November last year the entire Nationwide fleet was grounded due to safety concerns."