PDA

View Full Version : B1900 and CPL Pilots yet again??

Vlamgat
17th Aug 2008, 12:22
Wazzup Gals & Guys??

There is yet again rumours floating around that the CAA has gone into discussing this issue. I thought it had been put to bed a long time ago.
Are the Poor Blue book holders now allowed to Fly as Captain or commander on these Aircraft or not?? Or is there a Grandfather Clause that Allows Pilots that have a P1 rating at this stage to continue flying the machines with their blue books??

When will this nonsense end???

Aginnintonixadaywillkeepthadoctaaway!!:{

skychick2
17th Aug 2008, 18:02
And there a thought "a gin and tonic will only keep the mosquitos away" ???

The777dream
22nd Aug 2008, 11:08
At this stage CPL, our Blue book conterparts, can still command a B190 as a captain ! Make hay while the sun shines ! :E

But the plot does thicken..... have heard from a few sources our dear CAA is trying to stamp this out completely and make it an ATLP aircraft once and for all ! :ok: no more loop hole !

I have also heard that Beechcraft sent out a bulleten a little while ago stating that the B190 if flown with more than 9 passengers is considered an MCC aircraft requiring 2 crew and Captain to hold an ATPL !
This is just a rumor i have heard, have not seen it with my own eye's ! maybe some one out there can confirm this !!! or just another rumor ! :rolleyes:

The777dream........what dreams are made of

Goffel
22nd Aug 2008, 11:44
Dream on all of you....Blue book rules...end of story.

Malagant
27th Aug 2008, 08:11
Why would Beechcraft send a bulletin like that, it will affect the sales as a single pilot acft..only a governing body like the FAA or CAA or such will make such a ruling.. Beechcraft is not a governing body.

spoon1
27th Aug 2008, 08:38
The only way the caa can make a ruling like that is if Beechcraft recertify the 1900 as a full on multi crew aircraft with 2 pax or 19, witch they wont do!

Caa cant decide that beechcraft is talking a load of bollocks in how the ac should be opperated and certified......

Ok off to bed now....

:E

Propellerpilot
27th Aug 2008, 10:54
...and the last 1900 was built in 2004, so I've heard. Recertify???

CALCULATOR
27th Aug 2008, 17:29
And the CAA staff member pushing for only ATPS to fly the BE 19 was fired yesterday -see post above.

Goffel
27th Aug 2008, 19:32
Ja, the flipping mullet head actually bull-****ted the whole industry that he was from the UK CAA.

Lets be honest there, the guy had to have big gannonies to think he was actually going to get away with a lie like that..:ugh:

He honestly believed his own voice.

Not sure how long he thought he was going to get away with his little charade, especially how he wanted to change the whole aviation regulations.

As I said before, the blue book rules at the moment...:E

Goffel....:8

Vlamgat
28th Aug 2008, 12:54
:E

Fanks Goffel!! It is always nice to have someone on the Side of the guys who have no idea how to do a polar stereographic Plot. I also cannot calculate my position quickly enough using formulae on the Four beam Anus Unit, therefore the invention of the computer!!

Maybe the CAA should consider giving us Blue Book guys an ATP, just because we have more than 5000 hours on twenty different aircraft, and have been flying for more than 18 years, and we are also not wet behind the ears like our friends who jump from 172's into 1900's!!

You Have to learn how to fly below, before going up way High!!
Experience overrules all Exams!!

Aginnintonnixadaywillkeepthadoctaaway!!:cool:

south coast
28th Aug 2008, 13:23
Vlamgat, since you are so wise with all your experience you should know that as in all professions, that 'little piece of paper' always makes the difference.

Doctors, lawyers, dentists, engineers, teachers....all those professions could be done equally well by those who do them regardless of if they have a certificate to prove they passed an exam, but they have to have it to rise to the top and in turn earn the higher salaries.

Blue book = ok salary
Green book = better salary

VortexGen300
29th Aug 2008, 20:29
Blue book = ok salary
Green book = better salary

Oh No!

Blue Book = FCUK ALL :mad: money (have to spend more than you earn just to renew your license??)
Green Book = LITTLE MONEY (Might not even be in a position to renew the license?)

Sounds more like it!

While the operators screw the pilots?:=

VG300

Sand fly
2nd Sep 2008, 08:01
Ja, after trying to pass all those dreaded ATP exams and doing weird and wonderfull calculations for months I agree with you. Have not learn one new thing yet that could save the day when the s**t hits the fan.
Experience Rule :D