PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Website Not Taking Booking?

greenbroker
16th Aug 2008, 14:41
I have just tried making an online booking with the UK Ryanair website.

Payment is being rejected.

I have tried making the booking 4 times, but still get the same error, even though I have double checked the details and whether there are sufficient funds in my account.

Is it because I am using a Visa Electron card? Do they still honour it?

As per usual, there is nobody on the end of the helpline (even at £1 a minute).

greenbroker
16th Aug 2008, 17:16
I've tried making a booking again, but still no joy.

Seat62K
16th Aug 2008, 18:03
In this situation it is necessary to ensure that one has not accidentally made multiple bookings. I always check my inbox for confirmation emails before trying again; if you have online access to your debit card account, check this, too, to see if the money has been taken.
At least one airline's website (Iberia) will warn you if you attempt to make a multiple booking for the same dates/flights/pax if one already exists. I don't know how widespread this software's use is. (On the other hand if you're not quick the Iberia site will "time you out" whilst you're checking details and printing them off before pressing "book now" and you have then to start the whole process again!)
As far as Visa Electron is concerned, have you tried booking using another debit card or a credit card?
The Ryanair website seems to be fine one day and not the next. Only yesterday I was able to locate the fare I wanted and complete the booking just like in the old days (i.e., before the "upgrade") but the system would appear to be playing up again.
(By the way, I did notice something odd a few days ago. The outward and return total fares, on the page which first displays total fares in a "drop down" which appears on the right, were transposed. The top "total fare" (i.e. outward) box clearly showed the fare for the return flight and vice versa. Wierd!)

greenbroker
16th Aug 2008, 19:32
In this situation it is necessary to ensure that one has not accidentally made multiple bookings. I always check my inbox for confirmation emails before trying again; if you have online access to your debit card account, check this, too, to see if the money has been taken.I have received no confirmation via the web or email. I checked my account and there are sufficient funds in it.
if you're not quick the Iberia site will "time you outThis happened once during the Ryanair process, but I got the same response when I tried again.
have you tried booking using another debit card or a credit card?I thought of that, but I would have to risk paying an extra £16 to prove it!

I have never experienced this problem before. Maybe I should try and make a booking via one of their other websites, but then I might run the risk of paying a currency surcharge?

PAXboy
16th Aug 2008, 21:30
I used the site this afternoon (BST) to update an existing booking and all worked without a pause.

Flapping_Madly
16th Aug 2008, 23:43
It is not just Ryanair that does this . I use a visa Debit card either LloydTSB or Flexaccount and often get told of some problem. I just tell the website any old crap --Switch, Mastercard Delta just pick one their system likes.

It has never made any difference at all. The money has got from my account to theirs and the business was concluded just fine. Silly buqqers.:confused:

greenbroker
17th Aug 2008, 01:20
I have tried using different card options, but it makes no difference. Whatever card I select, it makes no difference to the total amount (which it normally does), so I suspect the website has gone AWOL.

Just when Ryanair thought they had got their website up to scratch and banned webscrapers, they have shot themselves in the foot again.

I'll have another go later today, I guess Ryanair won't be too bothered about losing a fare.

MOL are you listening?

greenbroker
17th Aug 2008, 08:01
Just tried the same booking this morning and the card drop-down list appears to be working (showing various payments for card types), but the site still comes up with error messages when making a payment.

What's the best route to take for advice?

I want to take advantage of the special offer which ends at midnight tonight.

Seat62K
17th Aug 2008, 08:52
Could you try to book on another computer?

greenbroker
17th Aug 2008, 12:10
Could you try to book on another computer?

Tried that and it makes no difference.

All I get is "sorry, unable to confirm booking" at the payment confirmation stage.

I've done this lots of times. Why is it screwing up now?

greenbroker
20th Aug 2008, 21:25
Tried to book the same flight today using the same details and everything worked perfectly, so it must have been the website. No replies from my Ryanair correspondence, but I got the flight for 50% less than my failed booking, which was a bonus :ok:

Newforest2
21st Aug 2008, 07:39
So you paid 1/2 p instead of a 1p?! Made my bookings yesterday with no problems.

wanderin_star
21st Aug 2008, 12:17
I had same problem with Air Asia. First time my credit card was rejected. Second time booking was pending awaiting credit card authorisation. After several days had to phone them. luckily they answered phone almost immediately, bearing in mind they based in Asia. They blamed the bank for not authorising card.

greenbroker
23rd Aug 2008, 18:35
So you paid 1/2 p instead of a 1p?! Made my bookings yesterday with no problems.

Several people have had problems with the website recently if one looks at Ryanair blogs etc.

Seat62K
12th Sep 2008, 07:10
A few days ago, when booking flights, a pop-up appeared telling me to try again (because of problems with card number, cardholder name, expiry date etc.). This was on the page which clearly had "confirmed" and a confirmation number. I also had a confirmation email. As purchases take a few days to reach my debit card account I waited to check that, but this morning found that the fare had been debited. Luckily I ignored the pop-up but at the time did wonder if I'd done the right thing. Now, someone else might have tried again and would have two bookings:eek:. I can't imagine that it's easy to get one refunded. Has anyone inadvertently made duplicate bookings and, if so, what was the outcome?
P.S. I made several bookings that day but the pop-up only appeared once.

Globaliser
12th Sep 2008, 09:15
A few days ago, when booking flights, a pop-up appeared telling me to try again (because of problems with card number, cardholder name, expiry date etc.). This was on the page which clearly had "confirmed" and a confirmation number. I also had a confirmation email. ... Luckily I ignored the pop-up but at the time did wonder if I'd done the right thing.I'm a suspicious cynic: I wonder if that was a bit of malicious phishing spyware on your computer that triggered that?

Seat62K
12th Sep 2008, 12:37
Thank you; I hadn't thought of that!