PDA

View Full Version : Visa for India

reynar
16th Aug 2008, 01:20
Have received my approval from DGCA and sent visa application in two weeks ago, no visa yet. How long did other expats wait for there work visa? Thanks

firegrass
16th Aug 2008, 02:42
As you are about to learn, it can vary. Keep ringing the embassy. It seems to have worked for some. (Not me though )
Enjoy the adventure you are about to start!

:)

NG ExPat
16th Aug 2008, 03:58
I got mine in less than 6 hours. I flew up to SFO turned in the paperwork by 10 am and had it back in my hand by 3 pm

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
16th Aug 2008, 04:43
And there was the fossilised remains of the guy waiting for his visa............................. India a land of contradictions...............:ok:

rotors88
16th Aug 2008, 16:19
When I got my work contract & DGCA approval I went down to the Indian Consulate, submitted my application, was told it would take 48 hours & it was hand delivered by courier to my home in exactly 48 hours. If anyone has the opportunity to come to India for work, 'Just Do It' it is a great place to work, live, learn, save, eat, meet new friends etc. etc. etc. etc. etc

Al Fakhem
16th Aug 2008, 17:17
My visa - when issued in 2004, was ready within one working day. Applied in person in morning of Day 1, picked up 10 a.m. next day.

Depends on embassy / consulate. Also, make sure all your documentation is complete. I faxed all docs ahead and got them to confirm all was OK.

skywalking
18th Aug 2008, 21:29
does anyone know if they are now allowing low hours pilots into india to work or is it just experienced guys...?

NZ X man
19th Aug 2008, 01:42
Mostyl type rated experienced pilots these days, you need 100 hours on type to satisfy the Indian DGCA, and visa should not take more than two or three days, that is if your company is working on your behalf.

CHeers:)

Nevrekar
19th Aug 2008, 02:31
The best way to deal with the Embassy is to plant yourself at their door at opening time with your passport and all required documentation. After drop off, spend the day in town and come back about 2 hrs before closing to pick it up. Mailing it in can turn into a nighmare event at times, and you cannot check on the status. No one will answer the phone (Houston Consulate especially). You will become increasingly frustrated. I speak from personal experience. I once mailed in my passport for a visa. It took weeks and I heard nothing. Calls went unanswered and they could not give me a status report. Finally in desperation, I flew from Atlanta to Houston. As I was walking off the jetbridge to go rent my car and drive to the Consulate to do battle, my wife calls to tell me the passport just arrived in Atlanta!!! Wasted trip, but atleast I got the passport back.

B737NG
20th Aug 2008, 14:14
The best way was for me to go to the Indian Embassy and left the paperwork with them and got it via Mail the next day sent to my residence adress. The Security clearance took ages though. After that obstacle was out of the way things accelerated then. So if you make your way directly to the Embassy as some others suggest as well you might have the fastest result to taste the Curry in the original Version.

Fly safe and land happy

NG:D

Geebz
20th Aug 2008, 14:44
Hi Reynar,

It depends on which consulate you are using. The Houston consulate seems to pretty fast to me. I've had 2 business visa's and one 10 yr- multiple entrance visa approved there in a day on 3 different occasions. I got my first Indian visa in Paris. They took 3 weeks but that contract was through Parc so I got paid to hang out in Paris for 3 weeks while we waited on my visa so not too bad a deal.