PDA

View Full Version : Dogs - Thailand to UK

ZFT
15th Aug 2008, 05:50
Has any PPRuNer recent experience of transporting dogs from Thailand to UK?
Miss ZFT is planning on moving back with her dogs and I am getting lots of conflicting information from agents etc.
Ideally, she wants to be on the same (direct) flight as her hounds.
Thanks

aerocargo
15th Aug 2008, 10:21
My advise would to speak with the airline's cargo department that you are travelling on, they should be able to give you the correct info.

Michael SWS
15th Aug 2008, 13:15
Do the dogs qualify for the Pet Travel Scheme? If not, they will be required by law to spend 6 months in quarantine upon entry to the UK so it's irrelevant whether they're on the same flight as Miss ZFT.

Rainboe
15th Aug 2008, 13:24
I used to ship a lot of dogs around on a certain Big British Airline. I used to make certain they were well prepped and handled and the pilots sign for all livestock on board. The staff do look after them pretty well.

mutt
15th Aug 2008, 16:29
Defra, UK - Animal health and welfare - Pet Travel Scheme - Long Haul Countries eligible for pets (http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/procedures/support-info/other.htm)

According to the above, they dont qualify for a PET PASSPORT, therefore you are looking at 6 months quarantine, or send the wife to live in Europe with the dogs for 6 months...

Mutt

ZFT
16th Aug 2008, 05:33
Thanks for the comments. Miss ZFT wants them on the same flight as her for the comfort factor. I'm sure she will hasstle the poor crew as Mrs ZFT did when we brought our recently departed dog in the other direction some 8+ years ago - and yes, BA were excellent.The shipping agent advises BA and Qantas do accept animals and TG & EVA do not, however this seems to be in contradiction to BA’s website.Quarantine is already booked. Just need to arrange the transportation.I’m not sure Mrs ZFT will relish 6 months in Europe!!!!