PDA

View Full Version : BA 747 Seating

tjcagney
14th Aug 2008, 17:52
I'm travelling next May on BA 155/154 LHR-CAI-LHR. I've looked at several sites similar to seatguru and am not able to discern an accurate answer to this question. Can anyone answer the following.

On a BA 747 the starboard side shows a bulkhead in front of 39 H,J,K. This appears to be the same on both 747 configurations. On the BA official site the seat map seems to indicate there is extra space between 39 H,J,K and 40 H,J,K. Is this true or is this standard pitch between 39-40?

Also if you had the choice of row 39 or row 40 which would you choose? I am aware of the galley, but still want to hear your comments.

Thank you !

raffele
14th Aug 2008, 20:33
There isn't additional room - the column of seats on the starboard side are offset slightly. The maps at seatguru will help. Both rows have standard pitch.

To be honest with you, if you want extra space go for one of the twins at the rear of WT - more leg space ahead of you next to the wall where the third seat is missing, and additional storage space down the side of your seat. Plus you'll get fed first.

If you're still interested in those rows, do not go for 39 HJK as there is no window here.

tjcagney
15th Aug 2008, 01:25
Good to hear. Window is important to me. I was wondering because door four is just ahead of this.

Londonlads
15th Aug 2008, 09:12
It's a bulkhead! The galley is in front of those seats. I wouldn't sit there personally as the noise from the galley can be a bit disturbing. Not sure of the pinch but row 39 gives you a few more inches than row 40.