PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a JAA Inspector

leonard17F
14th Aug 2008, 08:25
Hiya All,

I am currently working abroad with an FAA and a local ICAO Licence. I have approx 4000hrs TT.

I have a French JAA CPL-IR and I have finished the mandatory JAA School (Distance) Training and completed all the HW. I "JUST" need now to pass all the certificates, which should take approx. 6 months.

Once I have done this, I would need to take the practical ATPL Exam, probably in a Sim, during a recurrent training at FS (G200, G150, or possibly HS-125, even though I am NOT current on the mighty Hawker).

Therefore, I need to have a JAA Inspector "inspect" me (not a JAA TRE, which is much easier) abroad.

Do you know:
- if this Inspector needs to be of the same "citizenship" as of the licence's, i.e. French ? or any country will do ? (I believe yes): for example, I could take the exam in the UK at FS FAB (or in the US) in a Hawker Sim with a British CAA Inspector, but the French CAA (DGAC) might not accept this....
- if I can find a JAA ATPL Inspector already located in the US?
- if the expenses incurred by the travel of the Inspector (traveling from abroad, France in this case) should be covered by myself?
- instead of doing (and paying for) a full Hawker recurrent at FS FAB, could I just rent a sim for ONE session ?
- would it be it legal and practically conceivable to take the exam in ANY sim in France (i.e. FS in Le Bourget on a Falcon 10 or 20, or even Airbus or B737 ??) or should it be in an airplane I am familiar or typed on?

Thanks a lot for your help and answers,
Leonard

BigGrecian
15th Aug 2008, 20:36
How do you have a French JAA CPL/IR without having done the ATPL theory exams - unless you took the CPL/IR exams and not the ATPLs.

Citenzship is irrelevant.

If you took the test with a UK ATPL examiner you would get a UK ATPL, if a French examiner a French ATPL.

All expenses would have to be covered by you.

I would suggest you did it on an aircraft you were familiar with since effectively you would be taken a ATPL licence test as well as the rating for the aircraft. I.e take the test in the 737 you would get a ATPL with 737 type rating.

You need to contact one of the authorities directly since most cases are considered on an individual basis.