View Full Version : Long Serving Aircraft

Flyer126
13th Aug 2008, 16:09
An item on the Monarch thread, about its 757 G-MONB, which first flew on 4 March, 1983, was delivered to Monarch seventeen days later and is still in service with the airline more than 25 years later got me wondering: what is the longest time that a particular aircraft has remained in service with the same airline? (I think we can disregard airline changes of name and leasing out, as these might complicate matters unnecessarily.) I have a suspicion that BA's 747-136s may be close to such a record: for example, G-AWNF, which first flew on 13 February, 1971 (delivered to BOAC on 14 March, 1971) was still with BA in June, 1999 when I flew on her. That's more than 28 years. Over to you!

boredcounter
14th Aug 2008, 08:40
Great question.

Whilst it is a thread creep, I would love to see 'NB on the ramp at the top of the stairs when I fly to my hols on Monday ;-)

25 years, one careful owner and still going strong = total comfort with the environment I will be locked in.

I would much prefer NB to the current trend of 'average fleet age of x.x years' as a selling point.

Here's to your Diamond, long may you last.

PS I think I work with 22 NB's of the same age, shamefully operated on to cut a large hole in their sides to never see daylight again!

Bored

tornadoken
14th Aug 2008, 10:44
IAC/AI A300B2, delivered end-1976, parked 31/3/2008.