PDA

View Full Version : Convert to jaa

paul2123
13th Aug 2008, 13:44
Hi im irish and im thinking of training in Canada but i hope to come back to ireland to work after a couple of years is it worth my while training in Canada and how much would it cost to convert my lisense to jaa. There is one school i seen Canadian Aviation Academy in North Bay Ontario they offer a conversion as part of the course for an extra euros 11,000 so all together it costs euros 76,000 which is cheaper training than any european school ive seen. Does anyone know about this school and how to convert licenses. I would appreciate any advice here. If not whats the best option for training.

corsair
14th Aug 2008, 16:11
Take a look at the thread entitled 'Canadian Aviation Academy'. The consensus seems to be: Avoid like the plague. They appear to be middlemen for the a couple of Canadian flight schools.

76,000 Euro isn't cheap. You would be better off going to one of the good Canadian schools on your own and then going to an Irish or British flight school on your return to convert the licence and ratings to JAA. Or even go to an American school affilated to the CAA and get a JAA licence.

winto22
14th Aug 2008, 20:24
Corsair i believe you are basing your opinion on what you read and not keeping an open mind to this whole thing i would highly recommend you realise that this is a Rumour Network and certain thing should be take with a grain on salt .....

CAA have a connection with one fixed wing school and one helicopter school just to clarify ,

also a statement like Avoid like the plague is very strong statement to make since you honestly know nothing from 1st hand about the flight school ,

just to clarify : Algonquin Flight Centre has one of the best flight training programmes developed and taught in Canada , its based around the Royal Canadian Air Force Training , no other school offers this ,

So from now on i would highly recommend you watch what you say

The inside scoop
14th Aug 2008, 23:39
Is that a threat from winto22? :=

The man is entitled to give his opinion. No one tells you to watch what you say. VERY unprofessional.

winto22
15th Aug 2008, 00:43
nobody is giving a threat to anyone , just a simple statement about someone making a comment about a place they have no clue about ,