PDA

View Full Version : Singapore lifestyle

artip
13th Aug 2008, 07:41
Does anyone have any info regarding the lifestyle in Singapore?
Cost of living, good area's for renting a house, things to do or not to do?

Thanks,
A

BANANASBANANAS
13th Aug 2008, 07:52
Great place to live if you can afford it.

Clean, low crime, everything works, good/cheap public transport. Nice friendly mix of Singaporeans, Europeans, Aussies, Indians etc.

Down sides: Inflation about 8%, housing (rent or buy) expensive, private schooling expensive, car ownership expensive. Plenty of more specific info if you use the search button.:ok:

GlueBall
13th Aug 2008, 16:00
A lot of guys are living across the bridge at JB, Malaysia. :eek:

airbusbatics
13th Aug 2008, 18:51
Lifestyle will very much depend on you. (regardless of the company)
Coming as a single Captain, it's fine.
Coming as a married Captain with kids, SIA package Ok, all the other companies you get by, can have a comfortable lifestyle, but there will be no money left at the end of the month, consider seriously if you want to become an expat and not be able to save.
If you are coming in as a FO and single fine, but also not too much left at the end of the month.
If you coming in as a FO and bringing a family, I would strongly advise against coming. Rent (assuming you want a comfortable house for the family), perhaps a car, kids schools, etc - it will be very hard to get by. Or leave the family in Europe until you get the upgrade. It may not sound nice, but I am being realistic.

Just my 2 cents.

pacificgypsy
14th Aug 2008, 07:49
This site may give you more info about life in Singapore
Singapore Expats - Expat relocation, Singapore housing rental, working & staying in Singapore. Singapore property rental, Singapore apartment for rent, Singapore condo for rent, Singapore house for rent (http://www.singaporeexpats.com/)