PDA

View Full Version : Airline Pilot

zotos
11th Aug 2008, 11:28
Hello everybody , I'm a new member and young too and I would like to ask some questions about airline pilot and pilot training .
1) Which are the top 5 pilot aviations in Europe and USA ?
2) Which is the total amount for all the licences from ppl to atlp ?
3) It would be preferable all the licences to be from the same aviation ?

thank you for your interest !

ps Sorry for not speaking so good English.

AlphaMale
11th Aug 2008, 18:25
Your best bet is to read here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/131649-archive-reference-threads-posting-guidelines-read-before-you-post-question.html).

You'll find all the answers and some very good points. It'll take some time but most of the information will come in handy.

As for your licences ... there are 2 ways;

Modular

Private Pilots Licence
Commercial Pilots Licence
Frozen Airline Transport Pilots Licence (this will become an ATPL when you have 500hrs+ of Multi Crew time)

Integrated

Commercial Pilots Licence
Frozen Airline Transport Pilots Licence (this will become an ATPL when you have 500hrs+ of Multi Crew time)

There is a lot more to it than the above, for example you'll need a Night Rating before you can do your CPL. And you'll need an Instrument Rating before you get the fATPL, you'll also need a MEP Rating in order to fly multi engine AC.

Good luck.

BerksFlyer
11th Aug 2008, 18:27
There is a lot more to it than the above, for example you'll need a Night Rating before you can do your CPL. And you'll need an Instrument Rating before you get the fATPL, you'll also need a MEP Rating in order to fly multi engine AC.

Also the ATPL theory.

zotos
11th Aug 2008, 20:04
thank you very much for the interest and the reply .

AlphaMale
13th Aug 2008, 08:44
Also the ATPL theory.

Although not a licence in itself (unless you have a CPL & IR and strictly speaking an MCC I think) you'll need it for the fATPL.

So it's looking more like this (not including the ratings) :

Modular

Private Pilots Licence
ATPL theory (which covers CPL and IR theory in 14 exams)
Commercial Pilots Licence + I.R. = Frozen Airline Transport Pilots Licence

Good luck zotos.

Platinum206
13th Aug 2008, 22:39
AlphaMale,

I assume you are missing the "1" button on your keypad.

Surely the ATPL gets melted @ 1500hrs?! :ok:

P206

AlphaMale
13th Aug 2008, 23:11
500hrs+ of Multi Crew time

I assume you are missing the "1" button on your keypad.

Well I assume that most pilots struggle to get the 500hrs of multi time under their belt. Plenty of instructors with over 2,000 hrs in the log book but lacking a ATPL due to not having 500+ hrs of multi crew time.

Just trying to give the guy the info without drowning him in numbers and licences without throwing section G1 of Lasors (http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=FI1mVI8R0pwC&dq=Lasors&pg=PP1&ots=nwatY5Pji4&sig=79oeZo_KxYPkSDV1-MOHI8Sp9OQ&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PRA4-PA64,M1) at him like many would do. :ok:

But yes, it's worth knowing that you'd need 1500TT and 500 hours Multi-Pilot operations on aeroplanes type certified in accordance with the JAR/FAR-25 transport category or the JAR/FAR-23 Commuter Category or equivalent code, or single-pilot aeroplanes operated by 2-pilots according to operational requirements.

Alpha :E