PDA

View Full Version : Heli Ops - Germany

stiknruda
11th Aug 2008, 11:16
Are there any special requirements for off-airport civillian rotary landings in Germany. I have heard rumour of a permit - if this is the case, where do I obtain one from?

Thanks

Stik

madman1145
11th Aug 2008, 11:35
Been doing a few off-airport landings lately in northern Germany in a Danish R44, here is what to do ..

You have to obtain a written permit from the German authorities. The German CAA, called LBA, is not the one to contact. They deal with like major aviation stuff for the entire country, not so much local stuff in each state within Germany ..

You need to contact the local state. I don't know all of their address'es, but if you are gonna land off-airport in Schleswig-Holstein, your contact is www.lbv-sh.de (http://www.lbv-sh.de). Rüdiger Hildebrandt in this state would be your chap to help you out ..

You then pay a fee for this document they make and send you. It will state what aircraft and what pilot is allowed to land at what location at what specific time/date or time/date period. Its Germany, "ordnung um sein" ;) ..

NB: Do notice they might not fancy, meaning allow, a lowtimer PPL to land off-airport, especially in certain places ..

And of course you also need the permission from the landowner (public or private) to land on location ..

If you are coming directly from another country, you also need to file a flightplan to land such a place ..

- madman

stiknruda
11th Aug 2008, 12:40
If I were to land at a gliding site would I still need this authorisation?

Thanks

Stik

madman1145
11th Aug 2008, 13:13
Is it a civil airport/airfield open for traffic other than gliders, does it for instance got an ICAO name or is it just a strip of grass (I don't know about glider strips in Germany) ??

I landed at Glücksburg Rescue Station. Nice paved helipad with all the fancy lights, own radio frequency, firesquadron on standby at landing etc. etc., but its not a civil/public helipad (only two civil helipads in the entire Germany excist, I was tolled). And since it wasn't a civil/public place, the above mention authorisation for off-airport landing was required ..

Better ask the local authorities before hand. Rüdiger in Schleswig Holstein, if you are going there, is very helpful and speaks fine English ..
Last thing you want is 5 min. after landing a BO105/EC135/EC145 Polizei helicopter, asking you "Zo wher do yi zink yi going??" :suspect: ..

- madman