PDA

View Full Version : JAA PPL in 3 weeks

captain.weird
11th Aug 2008, 08:16
Hi,

I came last night at the site of Orlando Flight Training and I saw that you can get a JAA PPL license in 21 days just for +/- €6.000 but this is really though right? Full learning? Somebody have experience with this? Do or Don't do?

Cheers,
Safa

agent.oen
11th Aug 2008, 09:57
Sounds like something you'd forget in 3 weeks after the course! Clearly it's a crash course and I would presume the emphasis would be to pass the tests while get as much flying done as possible. In such a manner you'd mostly be studying for the exams and I've always found this method to be the most effective way to forget everything studied shortly after.

I did my PPL ground school in 7 weeks. Still logging my flight hours though.

A.O.

daria-ox
11th Aug 2008, 11:45
I don't think this is such a good idea of doing full PPL in three weeks. You have to pass all the 7 exams in 21 days and I have to say, they ain't the easiest exams on earth and you have to stufy carefully. I'm doing my PPL over a half a year time or so. That's how I've planned so I have time to study and work and take steps one at a time.

MIKECR
11th Aug 2008, 12:43
Did my PPL in 2 weeks. Did all the written exams before the course and then had 2 weeks solid flying. Very tiring, but well worth it.

acuba 290
11th Aug 2008, 13:10
did my JAA PPL in Spain, UK school, in just 18 days of flying incl. RT :)
All together took 4 weeks incl. written exams etc.

JohnGV
11th Aug 2008, 16:07
cor two weeks and 18 days! credit to u boys, that must have been tiring??!
i think it all depends on wat type of person u are. look back at ur highschool and university time - r u a quick learner who handles stress an hardwork easy?

if not STAY AWAY from these types of accelerated training, whilst im not knocking those who can do it in short time- i think ur PPl course is going to be more fruitful and you'll be a better pilot for taking just a bit more time.

there are those that can do it and be great pilots, but for most, i think itd jus burn u out, and, like mentioned, youl jus forget important parts due to it all being crammed in!!

captain.weird
11th Aug 2008, 16:48
But if you have the license in so a little short time than you have the cheapest way to get your PPL License in so a short time not? Do or don't do? And I've heard that all the 3 week courses are delayed in hole America. Dunno why but this official? On OFT you can't do now the 3 week course because they have a short of instructors. Maybe on NAC you can do it. Do or dont do?

Gr.

acuba 290
11th Aug 2008, 18:37
more time means more money, so if not sponsored, better do it as quick as possible. If you not fly for some days you already feel it. If it weeks, you need much more hours etc...
in my case, I had no choice, quick for less money or not at all...

suraci
11th Aug 2008, 18:48
Did the 6 written exams in 3 weeks from getting the books through the post to sitting the last one (while also putting in long hours at work). The exams are not exactly rocket science or brain surgery level.

Did PPl in 14 days (13 flying, one lost due weather). A bit of a slog which doesn't leave you much time for anything else but doable if you put the effort in. Only thing really which can screw you up is weather.