PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Airport Documentation

Mäx Reverse
10th Aug 2008, 20:13
I'm flying for a certain major German Airline and recently our Route Manual Provider has changed (ex Jeppesen, now LIDO Zurich). In preparation for the introduction of an Electronic Route Manual and Electronic Flight Bag also the paper version we are still using on board has been changed to the a layout.

Our Enroute Charts contain all Enroute Airports with RWY >30m/>2000m. Unfortunately approach charts are available for only few of them - only provided for some selected airports.

So I'm looking at some way to get access to the approach charts for all 'uncharted' airports in Central and Eastern Europe. I'm interested only in the best Instrument Approach to either available landing direction, the MSA of the highest sector around the airport and the ELEV. I intend to copy this information in either into a table or into my personal copy of the enroute chart.

The best I found until now is the Jeppesen JeppView which comes close to 1.000 Euro (without revision) service vor EUR and EER.

So I would appreciate any ideas, where to find onetime access to the above listed information at a reasonable price.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

MAX

merlinxx
11th Aug 2008, 06:31
Why did you switch from Jepp to LIDO ?

Mäx Reverse
11th Aug 2008, 11:03
Well, Nav Data Service Provider LIDO is a LH-Subsidiary.

However they didn't provide any route or airport documenrtation services until after the take over of some ex-Swissair Departments in the wakes of the collpase of SR (2002?).

Since then they operate under the name of LIDO Zurich and supply our entire route manual. Unfortunately there seem to be some specification issues, since the Charts provided for other customers (LX for example) contain far more information than ours (even some of the info mentioned above).

RGDS, MAX

Scott Diamond
11th Aug 2008, 12:17
Is this not an issue you should be taking up with your management?

merlinxx
11th Aug 2008, 13:11
Hey Max, I know the story well. Sorry to hear they've defaulted, but I'm not at all surprised, you're not the first.

Good luck.

Mäx Reverse
12th Aug 2008, 14:21
@ scott diamond

couldn't agree more and truely embarrasing if you care to look up which company I'm flying for.

However untill management has the guts to confess to a change in policy there's not much to be expected. Probably not going to take place until some major shuffling of chairs up there.

Until then I have to help myself, as it's my ar$e sitting in a cockpit full of smoke or trying to save some seriously sick pax in the back and clueless about the facílities at the nearest airports.

In a perfect world the Authorities could be expected to take control of those issues, but not here and not theese days.

Sorry but true,

MAX

Lefthandseat
15th Aug 2008, 15:16
I agree wz u wholeheartedly.

:ok: