PDA

View Full Version : Huge explosion next to Bombardier Plant in Toronto;

robbreid
10th Aug 2008, 17:36
If anybody works at Bombardier Downsveiw, I would be interested in hearing
if any of the aircraft were damaged this morning.

FlightAware > Discussions :: View topic - Huge explosions next to Bombardier Plant Toronto . . . (http://discussions.flightaware.com/viewtopic.php?t=6458)

rotornut
12th Aug 2008, 18:39
Looks like Bombardier didn't sustain any damage. There was no report of any damage in the media and the aerial photos didn't show anything at the plant. In any case I seem to recall that the parking area for the aircraft is on the northeast side of the buildings and the blast took place southwest of the plant.

west lakes
12th Aug 2008, 21:13
As a slight aside, one of our local (UK) firestations has a propane cylinder on display that exploded in a fire. Probably the best description of it I can give is, it's now virtually inside out

rotornut
13th Aug 2008, 11:11
I saw a science demonstration where a guy filled a small party balloon with propane and held it over a candle. It made a huge bang - powerful stuff!

angryblackman
13th Aug 2008, 20:18
Does someone there need an attorney?

robbreid
13th Aug 2008, 23:38
Civil filed today for 300 million in damages!

One firefighter lost his life, the sole propane employee at work died, and a 51 year old women had a fatal heart attack after being let back in her home.

I dropped by the plant, the day after the event. The were using the snow removal equipment to clear debris off the ramp, taxiways, and the runway.

Bombardier offices received the blast force, structural damage to the extent of doors and windows off kilter, glass blown in. Danger of Asbestos through out the area.

There were two Q400's and one Global Express outside at the time of the fire, but appeared to be undamaged.