PDA

View Full Version : a320 type rating recurrency..when and how?

austra1998
10th Aug 2008, 14:40
hi all,

i have a A320 type rating on my FAA ATPL and did not fly the plane nor the sim since completion of the training which was done 11 months ago).

does anyone here knows if i have to go for recurency soon? ( like before the end of the 12 months?)

if yes...is there a minimum number of session required for the recurrency??

please let me know if you can/ want.

ciao
Alex
P.S.
i did use the search...but could not find the answer.

av8r786
12th Aug 2008, 03:10
Google SIMCENTER in Miami. Call Henry George and he will be able to answer that. I believe it will be just a PC but I am not sure.

Canuck15
12th Aug 2008, 05:04
hey i w as in a similar situation ...i called up the FAA and they said thta the type was good for 2 years after which you would need to do a sim ride or be working for an airline and not have to worry about recency....

MarkerInbound
12th Aug 2008, 19:26
A FAA type rating does not expire or drop off your certificate if you don't use it. you're just not current. If you're not using it don't worry. If you have a job lined up that requires you to show up with a fresh PC, a training center will set you up with a couple day recurrent GS and a few sim periods and the checkride. The only Airbus training center I can think of in the states is in Miami.

RWEDAREYET
13th Aug 2008, 14:03
One in Denver too.

airbusbatics
13th Aug 2008, 19:11
Hey Austra

Those replies are correct if pertaining to the USA, but if you are going somewhere else it might not be the same.

As I recall Airbus says different. It's written somewhere on the Airbus FCTM that if you have a type rating and 0 time on type, your type rating is only valid for 12 months. If you have a type rating and a base flight performed, it's 18 months. After that, basically the type rating expires, and you would have to do some more sessions, not just a PC. (Don't quote me on the timelines though, I'm not quite sure about them, it might be 18 months,24 months). Some airlines apply this (mine for example) and will not accept guys that don't meet those recency requirements.

austra1998
15th Aug 2008, 11:40
humm...thank you guys for all your answers...i think i better do the session anyway before the end of the year.

thanks to you all:-)

alex