PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Assessment Day Wait

magicmick
9th Aug 2008, 19:34
I recently attended a Ryanair recruitment presentation at EMA and submitted my cv with the hope of being invited to one of their assessment days.

We were told that if we were selected we would receive a telephone call to invite us up for the assessment interview and sim ride.

I was wondering whether anyone knows how quickly after the recruitment presentation the phone call normally arrives or if anyone who attended the presentation on August 3rd 2008 has had their phone invite yet.

Cheers

MM

Rhodes13
10th Aug 2008, 06:58
Magicmick wouldn't be holding your breath there mate. Currently flying for RYR and hours are being cut back severely. Looks to be across the board with all bases being affected. Also rumours going around that they will be stopping recruitment in the near future.

Sorry to be pessimistic but a lot of crews at RYR are fearing for their jobs and are actively looking elsewhere.

Nearly There
10th Aug 2008, 09:54
I attended the 5th July open day, and from what I can gather only a handful received phone calls the following week.

Day_Dreamer
10th Aug 2008, 10:42
Sorry to be a bringer of bad news but if you have not heard I would suggest that you were unlucky or that there is a rethink of the numbers required at management level.

I hear that there are several cadets waiting for base training and line flying, some having already waited 5-6 weeks from LST to Base training and then waiting for a line trainer to become available.

What's happening after line training ? RYR guys any comments on bases etc.

Rhodes13
10th Aug 2008, 12:02
Day dreamer problem seems to be massive cut back in flying schedule. Most guys especially as STN are having days off assigned by the company which isnt good considering this is summer.

You have to remember that until a cadet completes the base training they get no wage so its cheap for the company. There are still guys coming through the system but not at the rate of a year or so ago. I wouldn't imagine hours of the Training Capts are a problem at the moment considering its fairly early in the year.

Sorry to say but even RYR may be scaling back recruitment.

Jet Fuel Addict
10th Aug 2008, 12:22
Rumours going round indeed that recruitment will come to a halt shortly. Also rumours of command upgrades will cease in the near future.
When the winter schedule begins it will be the first time in a long time they will actually have enough captains.

At the moment though captains are flying a lot (flying days off, ALWAYS called up from standby) and personally can't complain as FO flying around 90hrs a month. (This is Dublin by the way.) Heard Stansted is scaling back, small bases like belfast or kerry you could be on standby for a whole week. Alicante will also see little activity as everyone from the Valencia base will be dropped there.

But look ahead, MOL announced looking at 400 new AC's. Even with the older planes being sold off that is still a very consideral number that will join the fleet. News like that makes it clear that they will have no problems allocating the 737's still being delivered over the next 3 years.
My interpretation anyway, or is it just a mediastunt to make the shareholders feel better?

fireoff
11th Aug 2008, 19:20
Hi there lads,
Some bad news to hear that even Ryanair may cut back but just to clear up though with Jet Fuel Addict I live in Kerry and the manager of Kerry Airport lives up the road from me and he says that RYR are in talks with Kerry for more routes which is good.

They are still looking for more pilots which doesn't really surprise me as they are still waiting on around 110 738's over the next 4 years and only last week or so they put in an order for 3 more so think it will be quite a while before they stop recruiting and soon enough they will start recruiting for O' Leary's new trans-atlantic airline "RyanAtlantic" :ok:. Quote from RYR site:

Current Flight Crew Positions available: Direct Entry Captains - apply for this position (http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=Jobs&sec=careers&ref=app_captains)
737 Rated Captains - Pilots who have at least 3,500 hours total flying time, a minimum of 2,000 hours on a JAR25 aircraft i.e. a Multi-crew, Multi-engine aircraft with an established airline and a minimum of 800 hours (Pilot in Command) PIC on a medium jet aircraft >20,000kg and 500 hours PIC on the B737-300 to 900 series may be considered for direct entry command.
Direct Entry Captains - apply for this position (http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=Jobs&sec=careers&ref=app_captains)
Non 737 Rated Captains - Pilots who have at least 3,500 hours total flying time, a minimum of 2,000 hours on a JAR25 aircraft i.e. a Multi-crew, Multi-engine aircraft with an established airline and a minimum of 1000 hours (Pilot in Command) PIC on a medium jet aircraft >20,000kg may be considered for direct entry command. Successful non-rated Captains will have to acquire a B737-800 rating with a Ryanair approved training organization at their own cost.
Direct Entry First Officers - apply for this position (http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=Jobs&sec=careers&ref=app_firstofficers)
737 Rated First Officers - Pilots who have at least 1,500 hours JAR 25 experience and 500 hours total time on the B737-300 to 900 series with an established airline may be considered for a First Officer’s position. If you have over 3, 000 total hours, 1,500 hours JAR 25 and 500 hours on type you can apply for a fast track to command position, please see the career progression section on the benefits page for more details.
Direct Entry First Officers - apply for this position (http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=Jobs&sec=careers&ref=app_firstofficers)
Non 737 Rated First Officers - Pilots who have at least 2500 hours total time, 1000 hours on a JAR 25 aircraft, 500 hours on a medium jet aircraft (>20,000kg) with an established airline may be considered for a First Officers position. Successful non-rated First Officers will have to acquire a B737-800 rating with a Ryanair approved training organization at their own cost.
Cadets (No Airline Experience) - apply for this position (http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=Jobs&sec=careers&ref=app_cadets)
If you are in possession of a JAR CPL/IR with a MCC certificate and at least 200 hours Total Time (modular students) you should apply online at CAE or Oxford Aviation Academy for our Cadet Programme. Please click on the link above to apply to CAE or Oxford Aviation Academy and to find out more about our cadet programme.