PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet Baggage

ABO944
8th Aug 2008, 21:25
Hello All !

I haven't flown many times with EasyJet, and I have a question for those of you that have ...

I have checked in online and printed my boarding pass. I was originally travelling with just hand baggage, but now I want to check a bag in when I get to the airport (Faro), I have a few questions :-

1) I understand I will have to pay for this, but where is this done ? At the check-in or ticket desk ?? Can it be done online after checking in ?

2) Will I loose my boarding priority (in group A right now :)) ? having checked in online ?

3) Should this be question number 6 ?

Thanks in advance :ok:

jacob79
9th Aug 2008, 09:12
At Faro there is a little desk in the main terminal that handles the easyjet stuff. Not easy to find as its not obviously branded - just has a small easyjet sign behind the person.

You will need to pay here for your baggage before approaching the checkin desk. If you are early enough they will also tell you what desk you will be checking in at so you can form a queue with you at the front!

My guess is that you will be bumped out of the 'priority group' in terms of boarding.

If you can get access to the internet between now and flying my advice would be to try and purchase speedy boarding as its much cheaper than doing it at the airport and works really well at Faro - I was first on the plane a couple of weeks ago (good leg room in the exit seats).

Would doubly recommend it if you are coming into Liverpool as the scrum is unbelieveable and thats after half the passengers have pulled walking sticks from their luggage in order to feign disability:D

ABO944
9th Aug 2008, 10:02
Thanks a lot for the info!

I shall bring my white cane ! :}

Cheers

Brian H
10th Aug 2008, 10:58
I have booked in on line with Easyjet as I had only had luggage, but then need to take checked in luggage, I did this on line but at check in with my luggage my online booking boarding pass was taken from me. and I was issued with a new boarding pass for group B

ABO944
10th Aug 2008, 16:17
Swines!

Well I managed to get away with not checking my bag in today, but some poor bloke was really taking the michael and had his "suitcase", I kid you not, taken away from him at the gate!

Even though I was in group A for boarding, after the speedy boarders had got on the bus, it was a dash for the cash and everyone bundled the gate agents at once! Not very impressive!

fyrefli
10th Aug 2008, 21:14
That's just standard behaviour ;) And the one place that has consistently done it correctly, even before the H pier came online, viz. Schiphol, have now cocked it up by starting (needlessly, as you'll know if you are familiar with the layout and procedure at AMS's H pier) asking for Speedy Boarders to come through to the front of the *pre-board* queue. Yes, the queue that's already a (genuine, for once), health and safety hazard as it's on a staircase.

Morons. Utter, utter morons :ugh: :ugh:

Seat62K
11th Aug 2008, 07:45
When will easyJet address the boarding chaos issue? It's one of the things which puts me off flying with them (punctuality being the other main one).