PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled Easyjet flight

Nick Riviera
8th Aug 2008, 14:10
Easyjet flight 8926 from Faro to LGW was cancelled yesterday (7/8/08). The first I knew of this was on arrival at the airport. After much hassle I managed to rebook on a flight to STN that took off 8 hours later than the cancelled flight and I finally got home at 3am. We were handed a mass of forms detailing the compensation that we were entitled to. However, having finally spoken to someone at Easyjet I was informed that the cancellation was due to a 'technical issue beyond our control' and we were therefore not entitled to any compensation (which was in the order of EUR 250 each). This seems very convenient for the airline. Can anybody out there confirm the reason for this cancellation? We were treated quite appallingly by the agents at Faro (Portway) and many of the passengers had to stay overnight and fly today. Most of us, including me, had small children with us. For this reason I am not prepared just to take Easyjet's word for the cancellation and would like to push for a compensation payment, so any assistance would be much appreciated.

manintheback
8th Aug 2008, 14:26
Appeal to the Air Transport Users council and do it as soon as possible - just give timelines and facts. Good luck.

Nick Riviera
11th Aug 2008, 10:12
Thanks, I'll do that, particularly as they are now also trying to weasel out of paying my full taxi fare from Stansted to home as they promised that they would.