PDA

View Full Version : PPL Equipment

benish
7th Aug 2008, 23:23
Hi there, Ive just got a general query about the instruments and equipment I'll need to use to get to the fATPL stage us wannabes want to be at!

I have seen this package on Pooleys Student Starter Kits | Student Starter Kit | PPFT001 | Professional Pilot's Flight Training Kit (http://www.pooleys.com/prod_detail.cfm?product_id=360).

Obviously I'll need a Confuser, PPL books 1-7 and pens and stuff and then it seems a pretty good package.

Total cost would be £420. Ive looked at pilotwarehouse.co.uk and there stuff is same priced....

Any advice please? Is that a reasonable total price?

Thanks,
Ben.

shinners
8th Aug 2008, 02:46
in usa , I paid the jeppesen ppl kit (but not the bag) 200$

r44flyer
8th Aug 2008, 10:31
If you have some time to spare before you need to buy all this stuff, have a look on ebay for most of it. I got my CRP-5 for less than half shop price, and my ATPL groundschool provider walks me through the use of the CRP-5 so the 'training CD-ROM' isn't a necessity.

I would argue that you don't really need the IFR Comms DVD. You will be proficient enough after the PPL and the Comms ATPL exams are the easiest of the lot.

The Jeppesen route manual you will get from your groundschool provider at ATPL level (it's definitely included with Bristol, anyway), you don't need it for PPL either.

JohnGV
8th Aug 2008, 23:21
I paid $250.00 canadian so NO - wat u'll pay is a ripoff! go elsewhere!

RTN11
9th Aug 2008, 12:11
That seems to include one of the more expensive flight bags in their range. It depends how flash you want to be.

I had all my stuff for free when i put a large deposit down for my PPL, but was told it was worth around £200, as it included all the textbooks, a CRP-1, and a nice basic flight bag.

If you want to buy you own headset as well, the price is going to be going up and up. If I were you I would source things individually. As has been said, the Jep will be provided when you sign on for your ATPL, and you wont really need the CRP-5 CD-ROM, as you will be taught at length how to use the CRP-5. Its not very hard to use, just tricky to be totally accurate.

The map will go out of date all the time, so you may want to sign up to a subscription service to keep up to date.