PDA

View Full Version : Caledonian Advanced Pilot Training

ATPMBA
7th Aug 2008, 14:01
Has any used or have knowledge of Caledonian Advanced Pilot Training school. I was thinking of doing an ATPL(H) modular GS. From other posts is seems like Bristol GS is highly rated, however, Caledonian seems to be primary helicopter and has some helicopter knowledgeable people on staff.

I was previously doing the course with another GS but because I had other commitments time went by and they were under the Interim arrangements which are coming to and end.

paco
8th Aug 2008, 13:41
Hi there - seeing your location, what may be useful to you is that we now have an arrangement in place with Bristow Academy that allows you to do your consolidation weeks and exams in Florida. Of course, you can still do them in the UK if you wish, but that service is available.

Indeed, we are helicopter-only!

Phil Croucher
Head Of Training

RJC
9th Aug 2008, 09:50
PM Sent.

I have started with CAPT for my ground school. So far seems to be going OK, if the weekly progress tests are anything to go by.

Having wondered about several schools, I met Phil at an air show (didn't know they were there) - that seemed to swing it for me. Knows his stuff and it is reflected in the quality of the material provided.

The writing style works for me, if asked Phil may make a sample available for people to get a feeling for the course material? Reading through one of the course module books when I was there was a help in deciding to go with CAPT.

ATPMBA
9th Aug 2008, 10:53
RJC:

Thanks for the info.

Ken

paco
9th Aug 2008, 15:01
A good point about the course material - I will get something available on the web site

Phil

General Mutley
11th Oct 2009, 15:54
Have any others used CAPT for their ATPL(H)? I like the look of their set up and would love to hear from any former or current students studying with them....?

Need money
13th Oct 2009, 10:00
HARBRO - Is that JAA CPL and IR ?

Thanks.

Alex Whittingham
13th Oct 2009, 10:09
If you go to CAPT you'll get an excellent service. Phil knows his stuff.

General Mutley
13th Oct 2009, 10:36
Thankyou gents for your comments

eocvictim
6th Jun 2010, 16:00
Sorry to dredge this up but who was around first, Caledonian Advanced Pilot Training or John Titor, "the time traveler"..?

Caledonian Advanced Pilot Training Logo
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs571.snc3/31185_1401770258528_1660470648_954344_449460_n.jpg

John Titor's "military logo"
http://traveloncloud9.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/john-titor-insignia.jpg

Very clever Viral campaign if that was the purpose :D

paco
6th Jun 2010, 18:39
Hmm, didn't know it was a military one, but we have heard of John Titor. I suppose we are marching into the future..... :)

Phil

mad_jock
6th Jun 2010, 18:53
It got a bit of a Rennie MacKintosh look about it.

paco
6th Jun 2010, 19:04
And a bit of Jules Verne, I think. It would be interesting to see if anyone comes back to claim any copyright from 2036 ;)

phil