PDA

View Full Version : amount of time for Bristol module 2...

brs
7th Aug 2008, 11:22
hi there

I have just been told that i have got a seat at the sept the 21nd brush up course....

And i have just reciewed the books today........

IS THAT ENOUGH TIME......ONLY 5 WEEKS???

PLUS THERE IS NO TIME TO STUDY THE bgs Q BANK

BEST REGARDS

BRS

brs
7th Aug 2008, 14:07
where is all the reply`s......read by 28 but not any answers......please...

regards

Keith.Williams.
7th Aug 2008, 15:08
Well it won't be enough time if you spend all of your time watching pprune to see if it is enough time.

More seriously, only you can answer the question. If you are very bright and if you you work every hour that god sends, then you will probably achieve it. But if you do anything else then you probably won't.

The real question is why did you apply for a place on the consolidation course if you haven't even started to do any of the progress tests yet.

And only you can answer that one.

darekw
7th Aug 2008, 23:36
I doubt. I guess I'm no genious and it took me six months to get first seven months to get through each module of the two required but from what I know that's about average.

Tiger_ Moth
7th Aug 2008, 23:56
I would say that you're making life hard for yourself by only allowing 5 weeks and that factoring in time for the q bank is essential.

'India-Mike
8th Aug 2008, 00:50
No way. Took me 4 months. And I skipped all of PoF and the electrics part of AGK (got a PhD in aeronautics so didn't really have to study these bits).

5 weeks? Air Law alone might take that.

The on-line question bank might accelerate the process for you though.

Good luck

brs
8th Aug 2008, 02:45
thanks for all inputs

I study full time so it migth be possible...

acuba 290
8th Aug 2008, 02:49
in my case full time is like around 15-16hrs a day, still very very hard with mod2 :ugh:;)

8th Aug 2008, 10:48
If you study full time flat out, you might just finish the course and progress tests in time to be able to sit the brush up course, but I doubt you will leave yourself any time to go through the question bank.

Unless you are a superstar and everything sinks in first time when covered at break-neck speed, I don't think you will do yourself justice.

Either way - Good luck!!

Finals19
8th Aug 2008, 11:56
Almost impossible failing super extra terrestrial learning abilities!

At the very least I would say at least double that - I knew someone who did it in two months, but if you follow convention I would say more like 10-12 weeks at a steady (not slow) pace. Some of the study areas (AGK!) are large.

PAJ
8th Aug 2008, 22:28
4 weeks.....I'll be honest...october at the earliest if you want to do yourself justuce. There is a huge amount of info to absorb in mod 2 (agk in particular!). I'd also strongly recommend that you get through the entire q bank before heading to bristol. Even full time you cannot absorb all the subjects in such a short time period. Late October would be better, but even that will require some fairly intensive study.

Tony Hirst
9th Aug 2008, 01:36
Mod 2 took me about 160hrs before the brush-up. That is just the time taken to read and do progress tests. But as pilotmake says, you know the answer better than anyone. Anyhow...

The QB can be completed during the brush-up course as per Mod 1 :confused:

Also, you have six weeks not five. That should be enough for a Mod 1 veteren, so long as you can dedicate yourself to it full time and not for one moment think "I start tomorrow".

brs
9th Aug 2008, 19:51
hi guys

I used 5 weeks for M1 and 4 weeks for Q bank,then exam

have passed 7 out of 8 exams,failed Hpl with only 74% damn.averege of 89% in the rest

i can study full time on module 2 and have no kids and my girlsfriend have said ok that she dosn`t se mee before after 10 october,hehe.
I can study 14-16 hours a day,like I did in M1

I have talked to a FI that said to mee that i schould just pass the PT and hit the bank..pass the exam and then read the books verygood when all exams are passed so you can read the books without pressure and stress.....

In some way I agreee but in enother way I dont

thanks for all inputs...