PDA

View Full Version : Emirates interview cancelled

Double Trouble
7th Aug 2008, 04:55
Hi, I attended an Air Inc seminar in Atlanta in May and met up with a couple of nice Emirates staff members who promptly invited me for an interview from August 5-7, 2008. That period was then moved to September 8-10 and ultimately cancelled. Being a slightly paranoid person I was wondering whether other guys with more glass time than I have were displacing me or can I take the official word from them that even EK is experiencing financial woes as gospel? Has this happened to anyone else recently? Thanks for any info...

AdamLT
7th Aug 2008, 07:43
Double Trouble....

Reading an arrticle in last weeks (think it was last week's) Flight International magazine, it was confirmed that EK are 'winding down' recruitment. But i'm not sure whether it's because of the current economic climate...

Sorry to hear your interview was cancelled.

noguerra
10th Aug 2008, 05:43
just got an email from their HR. no more interviews until at least late 2008. mine was supposed to be in sept and got postponed also

GEORGE MICHAIL
21st Aug 2008, 19:24
They Stoped Hiring Few Months Ago.
Pilots Who Did The Interview During April Received An E-mail Saying That They Will Call Them Some Time Next Year!!!
And Some Others In 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Even If You Passed The Intrview You Have No Job!!!!!!!

Try Another Airline.

helen-damnation
22nd Aug 2008, 08:29
Some new routes have been delayed, apart from LAX & SFO, due to the price of oil and it's knock-on effects.
The new 777's are arriving abaout 2 months late due to problems with the galley provider.

This all has a knock-on effect with recruiting.

Those who had interviews and were offered places have all had those honoured although their joining dates may have been delayed slightly.

There will be a handfull of new aircraft arriving at the end of the year, but the present numbers will probably cover that.

The 380's are extra aircraft as are the new 777's and any arriving next year will need to be crewed.

So, expect recruiting to start later this year or early next year.

Good luck :ok: