PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help For 320 Or 737

JAVIERCP1985
6th Aug 2008, 22:29
Firstable i would like to thank everybody who is reading this post and trying to help me.
I have 1100 tt, 800 Turboprop, i would like to fly a A320 or B737, or any other type. So the problem is this.
Most of the companies hire pilot with type experience so any time i try they ask me for type experience.
So how can i get those flight hours if i never have the chance to start from the begining. how the people get their first experience on type.
If appreciate any help, i donīt mind to go anywhere to fly.

Founder
7th Aug 2008, 07:22
Your problem is the same as every pilot has in the whole world. You can either buy hours or just keep your hopes up and send cv's everywhere...

I did an A320 TR last summer with a total time of 350 hours. After 8 months I got a job flying A321's... And I did NOT buy hours...

A319rider
7th Aug 2008, 09:29
Javier,
I think your best bet at the moment would be to keep sending cv and wait until you get a reply. Right now it's not the best moment as you well know, but i'm sure some companies will be interested in you.
Try the UK, I still think it's the market with more chances in Europe. Here's where i got my opportunity and I only had 250 hours total at the time.
If you need more specific info, send me a PM and i'll let you know.
(I si quieres en espanol tambien).

JAVIERCP1985
7th Aug 2008, 12:57
Gracias por tu respuesta, no se muy bien como enviarte un privado, mi email es [email protected] o pasame el tuyo si no te importa y te escribo, me gustaria contarte algo por si me puedes orientar.

JAVIERCP1985
11th Aug 2008, 12:38
it look like there are not more ideas, :ugh:

Flying Ninja
12th Aug 2008, 14:29
Why don't you just apply to your own national airline or any other airline that has a jet fleet and a proper training department. They should train you on whatever fleet they start new employees on. Then work hard and wait your turn. There are lots of good airlines in Europe. Real airlines don't make people buy Trs,they provide their own quality ratings.
People now have to buy endorsements and flying because there are always those that want a short cut to flying jets. Once the cheap operators saw that some will pay, they wanted everyone to pay.
Let me tell you than when I had 1100 hours, I just started on a piston twin ( part time). Never saw a turbo prop until I joined a real airline and that was in the right seat. Saw the right seat of a jet after 4 years in the airline.
What's wrong with doing it the normal (read "hard") way.
With your time and assuming you aren't the product of an airline cadet system, I wouldn't trust you in the right seat of a jet after you bought an endorsement. Not fair on the other pilot.