PDA

View Full Version : Britain from Above

nrh
6th Aug 2008, 18:44
Most definitely worth a look for those in the UK - Sunday August 10th 21.00 BBC1

BBC - Britain From Above - Stories - Behind the Scenes - Aerial Filming (http://www.bbc.co.uk/britainfromabove/stories/behindthescenes/aerial.shtml)

XTEC
12th Aug 2008, 17:10
And the show did not disappoint the viewers. Well worth the TV licence for once.

The RN Sea King footage, is this a normal operation they conduct?

Look forward to the rest of the series.

XTEC

Bravo73
12th Aug 2008, 21:42
Just watched it on BBC iplayer. What a great program! :D

Some of it reminded me of that great Imax film, Helicopters in Action. (G'day, Adam.;)) Heck, most of the program could be called 'Life through the eyes of a UK helicopter pilot.' :cool:

Looking forward to the rest of the series as well. :ok:

misterbonkers
12th Aug 2008, 22:08
I like the way Powerline Patrolling was dangerous work for Adam - but not for the pilot?!? :)

Great Programme.

seang
12th Aug 2008, 23:49
The powerline pilot didn't even have a name, just "the pilot". Bit dismissive of his particularly important role in the project, I thought. Without him Adam would have to tightrope along the wires to take his pictures of the hotspots.

Bravo73
13th Aug 2008, 00:07
The powerline pilot didn't even have a name

He did. It was on the back of his helmet. ;)

WylieCoyote
13th Aug 2008, 07:46
I would imagine life will get more dangerous for Adam now that he's famous as the public will know exactly who to ask for when phoning those all important complaints of low flying through!

That's why `the Pilot' likes to remain more inconspicious! Less hassle!:E

seang
13th Aug 2008, 10:24
It might have been someone else's helmet