PDA

View Full Version : Bristow Selling Aircraft

ATPMBA
6th Aug 2008, 14:46
On the financial news, Bristow Group has announced they are selling 53 single-engine aircraft for 65 million USD. Anyone have any ideas as what is going on? Are they exiting the GOM market?

Ian Corrigible
6th Aug 2008, 15:10
Are they exiting the GOM market?
No, the move simply reflects that many of the large O&G companies in the GOM are now requiring the use of better-equipped twins for transportation of their personnel, for safety reasons (real or perceived). Bristow had stated back in February this it was planning to phase-out most of its older singles (206B/Ls), and RLC was always the obvious recipient.

Given that used aircraft prices are beginning to soften, now's a pretty good time for BRS to do the deal.

I/C

zalt
8th Aug 2008, 02:16
A smart move if they are serious about reducing their accident rate and a sign that the OLOG small world view point is dead.

bristowburnout
8th Aug 2008, 11:40
It's about time they also looked at selling the seriously garbage heaps they fly out of Calabar, Lagos and Port Harcourt. Being bullied by management not to enter defects in the log books of these old heaps just to keep them flying is no longer an option. They should either replace them or get an adequate supply of stores on site to maintain them properly :ugh:

Phone Wind
9th Aug 2008, 00:07
bbo,

Don't worry, a little birdie tells me that all your woes may soon be over. I hear whispers of better times coming. Let's wait and see if there's any official announcement any day soon - I doubt it, with the Bristow skill at communication you'll probably hear about everything 3 months after it happens and a month after Randy Morgan issues his new guide to Michelin 3*** restaurants in Guernsey :E