PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Good Schools

flyahead
6th Aug 2008, 13:55
hi, i am just about to finish PPL in UK. for some personal reasons, i cant stay in UK, so not sure if there is any other country where i can do JAA licence and then get job there. Another options is changing my JAAPPL to other licence (FAA/CAA) and look for a school(in different country) which has got goods contacts with Airlines. like there are few schools in US which help students to get job in asian market (korea, china etc).
can anybody suggest me what to do...

michael95u
7th Aug 2008, 03:58
If you look at just the cost of flight training, you are probably much better heading to the US to train due to the weak dollar. I would seek out a good flight school, not just one that professes connections to airlines. It is much more important to get a good flight education.

Michael

hollingworthp
7th Aug 2008, 07:02
Cracking advice - I can just imagine the phone call to the prospective school

"Um, Hello. Are you a good flight school?
No sorry, we just profess to have airline links.
Ok thanks anyway"

Sorry - couldn't resist! :E

michael95u
7th Aug 2008, 11:49
If one does a thorough background check of a school, it is easy to see if it is a good school or if the airline agreements are marketing fluff to get the student in the door.

flyahead
7th Aug 2008, 12:41
if i get JAA licence. then i can get job in any country in europe. or every european country has different criteria and i have to pass their theory test to get the job there.