PDA

View Full Version : TAGS Bangkok

IMASTAR
6th Aug 2008, 07:41
AS a follow up to kwaiyai's past thread, TAGS, (Thai Airports Ground Services), Bangkok is a very sad situation.

Anyone who has been into Bangkok and experienced the services from TAGS staff will confirm that in the past the service given and attitudes of the TAGS people was exceptional to say the least.
Sad to see it all fall apart.

The story I got from the horses mouth is as follows.

When the new Suvarnabhumi Airport was opened it was unfortunately not given a license to conduct ground handling there and so has had to outsource it's staff and services to TG.

This created great problems for TAGS and so Mr. V V conned his way in as the white haired saviour and was appoited as acting CEO and consultant.
(This guy has had no airline experience but is a great talker and seller of himself as a hotshot business recovery expert).

During his reign he apparently managed to down all staff morale.
He "got rid" of many key division managers including the ramp manager. A great guy leading a great team. Some of his "victoms" have been with the company for many years.
He tends to get rid of anyone he personally clashes with.
Loves to throw his weight around it seems even if not in the best interest of the company.
What V V doesn't realise is that his chopping of these key people is p.......ssing off TAGS customer airlines and some contracts won't be renewed.

The guy kwaiyai mentioned is a foreigner and V V sacked him with no notice whatsoever. The guy has had to take TAGS to the labour court to get his pay entitlement. V V is apparentlt prolonging the case just to give the guy a hard time. No regard for the TAGS best interest and reputation.
Very viscous personal attack.

Also I've been told this V V guy creates great paying jobs for his friends and hires them through some sort of consultancy organisation he is involved in.
This guy falls into the U T 1 2 went, catagory of a..........hole.

Enough said, so sad for all the great folks who's jobs are in jepardy.

kwaiyai
6th Aug 2008, 13:18
In Fact my previous Company apparently gave TAGS 2 months notice just as I Vamoosed. My experience of this is rather sad as it seems to be not just here but at other Companies. I'm pretty damn sure the Gent in question would have sorted his problem by now anywhere else in the World.

ozthai
7th Aug 2008, 06:44
I am the guy who is taking TAGS to the labour court.
I can't say much at this time because of the pending court case.

All I will say about this is that V V did fire me without notice and TAGS have made no attemp whatsoever to negotiate an out of court settlement. Very strange indeed ?

I was with TAGS as an instructor for 17 months and I must say being part of the TAGS family was a great experience.
The "workers" are a great bunch to be with and most of the supervisory staff, (such as the ramp director mentioned above), are very dedicated. The rot sets in higher up the ladder.

Nobody wants to see TAGS go under but unless some big changes are made in upper levels the future looks bleak.

Anyhow all the best to all the TAGS staff and hope things will improve in the future.

IMASTAR
11th Aug 2008, 04:03
Heard no settlement of this fellows pay.
He has to continue to fight them in labour court.
Wonder if there is a smittance of racism here?

kwaiyai
11th Aug 2008, 04:52
personally V V is a P#####n head as you could have brought them in more biz.
No to save face and act like a typical Co###ut he behaves like a typlical.I hear Sir C has gone too so now they have no trg staff right? typical lack of forward planning and Politics that I notice here like in my previous Company.

IMASTAR
13th Aug 2008, 14:21
How about we conduct a poll ? You can vote for your favourite ground handling agents within the region.