PDA

View Full Version : Family flying holiday recommendations?

Twiddle
5th Aug 2008, 20:51
I want to fly about 300nm from the South East UK, rent somewhere with a private pool close(ish) to the beach for the wife and sprogs. Heading south for the beter weather.

Any recommendations?

Are there any nice villas at reasonable prices in France that you can recommend?

tuscan
6th Aug 2008, 08:28
Try Nearly Heaven which is close to Limoges. Theres no beach but you can get a fantastic Gite (4 dbl bedrooms) with private pool and its only about 20 minutes from the airport.
Sue Virr is who you want to speak to, she runs a great place and also instructs at Limoges and will give you plenty of destinations to keep you occupied.
I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and it was very cost effective going down the whole self catering route.

Flying and riding holidays in the Limousin, France (http://www.nearlyheaven.com/)

Twiddle
6th Aug 2008, 09:31
Superb, I'll look at that now, thanks for the recommendation.

Twiddle
6th Aug 2008, 09:45
Fully booked for the end of August, but that's exactly what I'm looking for, one I'll visit in future, I'll call Sue and see if she knows of any others in that area.

tuscan
6th Aug 2008, 15:05
Alastair Sawday's Special Places To Stay - Accommodation (http://www.sawdays.co.uk/accommodation/france/)

we used this guide for several of the countries we stayed in and found all of them to be very good.

niknak
6th Aug 2008, 17:44
At the risk of being accused of being trite, what sort of a/c were you planning to take? With that lot a C130 Hercules may be appropriate.:p

tuscan
7th Aug 2008, 09:14
twiddle,

when we were there (Sue`s place) we got in due to a cancellation and there was another during our stay so It might be a good idea to ask her for first shout if end of August becomes clear.

cirruscrystal
7th Aug 2008, 09:21
Niknak - my thoughts exactly, i struggle to get my father and under weight in the C172 with full tanks - More a problem squeezing his gut past the yolk:}

tuscan
7th Aug 2008, 09:27
Full and free movement must take on a different meaning:ooh: