PDA

View Full Version : YAA

tightrope
5th Aug 2008, 18:16
so according to tonights news..

YAA arent being charged landing fees or rent at Sheffield City Airport (as was) by Peel Holdings.

But the costs there are forcing them to abandon the location as a base for their second a/c.?

so what ARE they being charged for, and why are they REALLY abandoning South Yorkshire region..?

medihell
5th Aug 2008, 19:55
Yes but according to tonights news the 20-25 mins transit time from LBA to sheffield will not cost lives !!!!!!!!!!!!:ugh:

and the fantastic weather at leeds will not effect the operation of the aircraft.:rolleyes:

helicopter-redeye
5th Aug 2008, 20:19
I read in The Times last week something about airports being required to maximise their utilisation (it was in the context of London City Airport) as part of some 'eye catching government iniative' or other.

Perhaps continued operation there would require the whole place to be reactivated (may be the motivation for the quick closure in the first place?)

medihell
5th Aug 2008, 20:30
If that was the case why are south yorks police still there !!.
Please could anyone please tell me what extra health and safety requirements are needed now that were not needed 2 months ago.
As far as i am aware the police are still operating with no problem without the airport fire service.