PDA

View Full Version : Michael O'Leary earns 1.2m Euro

ron83
5th Aug 2008, 05:13
accoording to this russian thread O'Leary earns 1.218m euro in 07/08,an increase of 23 %,looks like things not bad for Ryanair:E:} www.avia.ru/news/?id=1217857732
(http://www.avia.ru/news/?id=1217857732)

NotPilotAtALL
5th Aug 2008, 05:51
Hi,

Very nice for him .. congrats.
It's good to see a worker have a fair salary.
So .. now you know what make for earn 1.2 M Euro :)

Cheers.

merlinxx
5th Aug 2008, 07:09
How else is he gonna afford the free blow jobs in L/H biz class?

rednik461
5th Aug 2008, 07:12
I hope this offensive post is deleted asap. Thanks

golfyankeesierra
5th Aug 2008, 07:43
I believe that's a moderate salary for a CEO of a company that big. Can hardly believe it.
And what's your point? Is it too much or too little?

blue monday
5th Aug 2008, 07:46
Thats only his salary, surley its his company so he has the option to take dividends too.

Tediek
5th Aug 2008, 07:56
I don't understand why people get so irritated or aggressive with what the guy earns and does. He builds up a large company. They are successful, i have flown with them many times, and i can only say it was fine. Good planes, very cheap airfares. He can earn what he wants and what the shareholders allow him. What he pays the workers, well, you have the freedom to work there and have the liberty to work somewhere else.

A2QFI
5th Aug 2008, 08:01
I get riled when I read about footballers 'earning' £140K a week. They don't earn it - they are paid it. I don't work for M O'L but I use his airline and as someone else has said, he isn't getting much salary for the size of the operation he runs.

cwatters
5th Aug 2008, 08:24
BAA sues Ryanair over refusal to pay higher charge | Deals | Regulatory News | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/governmentFilingsNews/idUSL555987420080805)

BAA sues Ryanair over refusal to pay higher charge

DUBLIN, Aug 5 (Reuters) - British airport operator BAA has started legal action against Irish airline Ryanair (RYA.I: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) over its refusal to pay a 15 percent increase in charges at Stansted airport, Ryanair said on Tuesday.

Ryanair (RYA.L: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) said in April it would not pay the higher charges imposed by BAA, owned by Spanish firm Ferrovial (FER.MC: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz).

"We are going to fight the action", a Ryanair spokesman said. "We don't think the fees are warranted."

A spokeswoman for BAA could not immediately comment.

A BAA spokesman told the Irish Independent newspaper that the airport charges remained within the limit allowed by the regulator, the Civil Aviation Authority.

"This matter is in the hands of the lawyers so it is inappropriate to make any comment at this stage," the paper quoted the spokesman as saying.

Ryanair, Europe's biggest low-cost carrier, said last month it would cut winter capacity at Stansted, its busiest hub, due to high fuel prices and because the cost of using Stansted was too high.

Rival low-cost airline easyJet (EZJ.L: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) also said in April it wanted to withhold part-payment of price rises by BAA at Gatwick airport. (Reporting by Andras Gergely; Editing by Paul Bolding)

Nigel Croker
5th Aug 2008, 08:28
Remember, he has to pay for his own tea, coffee, water, suits and lunch.

Is he allowed to charge his phone?

green granite
5th Aug 2008, 08:34
Is he allowed to charge his phone?Only if there is a spare electrical socket available.

123 O'Leary
5th Aug 2008, 08:38
Well it just goes to prove that money cant buy you manners, as he (allegedly)
told one of his other Irish airline CEO's to f**k off back to Connemara where
he comes from!
Source - last Sundays Irish Independent newspaper. :sad:

BikerMark
5th Aug 2008, 09:27
Perhaps there's a solar panel in the seat of his trousers as he obviously believes the sun shines out of his arse.

A4
5th Aug 2008, 09:40
At BikerM.......... :D:D:ok:

A4 :)

KENNEDY TOWER
5th Aug 2008, 10:31
I agree completely with A2QFI post, considering footabllers and heads of companies in the UK are on over £7 million per year plus endorsements etc., for an airline as complex as it is Mr O Learys pay is very low. Would any on the posters like to take it on for this paltry pay and all the hedaches that go with it. Mr. O Leary does a great job if you dont like him or his policies Tough Titties, but I can assure you Mr. O Leary and his airline will be around when a lot of you will be looking for work and your last airline job was only a memory.:ugh:
:D

Re-Heat
5th Aug 2008, 10:35
Why don't people aspire instead of envy...?!

Denti
5th Aug 2008, 10:46
Very cheap if you consider that Mr. Hunold of Air Berlin who just ruined three airlines earns 2 millions a year, whereas Mr. Mayrhuber of Lufthansa earns 2.6 millions a year (with a much more profitable airline at 1.3 billion earnings).

buffalowing
7th Aug 2008, 08:24
the only thing bigger than MOL's ego is his mouth, the only thing bigger than his mouth is his salary,
by the way Ryanair has never thus far paid dividend

mickey mouth go home and don't come back