PDA

View Full Version : Career Spine Pension Enhancement

JagMate
4th Aug 2008, 19:38
There was a very hot rumour a couple of months ago that the Career Spine pension was in for an overhaul so as to finally address the retention problem for CS Sqn Ldrs at their 38/44 yr points. Do any of the High Wycombe insiders know anything? Last I heard was that it was, indeed, a good deal but it had to get past Treasury scrutiny.

OHP 15M
4th Aug 2008, 20:10
Can these Sqn Ldrs opt out of CS and join PAS, or do they want their cake and eat it?

Duncan D'Sorderlee
4th Aug 2008, 21:20
You can't 'opt out of CS and join PAS', you have to request a transfer and then are boarded with everyone else. Perhaps some of these CS sqn ldrs just would like to be paid the same as a PAS flt lt; currently, they might not be.

Duncs:ok:
(PAS)

Green Bottle 2
5th Aug 2008, 09:51
Speak to your poster. A Paper is being written at the moment to address the CS vs PAS issue. Still in draft I believe at the moment, but watch out for the next AFPRB report, there are likely to be some significant changes.

GB2

dallas
5th Aug 2008, 16:12
From what I've seen in the last few years, career and spine are often mutually exclusive terms. :hmm:

Roger D'Erassoff
5th Aug 2008, 21:16
Quote:

Can these Sqn Ldrs opt out of CS and join PAS, or do they want their cake and eat it?

Always a curious turn of phrase I find...what is the point of cake if you don't eat it?! :ugh:

Lima Juliet
6th Aug 2008, 19:49
2 sources in Manning told me about the plan for PAS 2009 - still on the drawing board but I understand that it would put every SO2/SO3 aircrew onto PAS. One of them also mentioned SO1! But I may have misunderstood.

Still has to get past the Centre and Bean Counters though...:(

OHP 15M
6th Aug 2008, 20:15
Roger D,

Another curious turn of phrase for you that invloves cake!

Perhaps this charactuer is a CS Sqn Ldr eating a tasty slice of PAS :ok:

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/british/images/172.jpg

TheInquisitor
7th Aug 2008, 05:53
"PAS 2009"

This has been rumoured and talked about for a LONG time - I remember discussing the rumour with a colleague some 4 years ago! Either they're having REAL trouble getting it past the beancounters, or they're just dangling a carrot on an ever-extending stick, hoping people will stick it out and see if it ever comes to fruition.

...or maybe it's both.....?

LFFC
7th Aug 2008, 09:14
Remember the title of this thread: "Career Spine Pension Enhancement".

From what I've heard, PAS2009 will not be associated by another offer to transfer to the new pension scheme. So if you stayed on AFPS75, PAS2009 won't do much for your pension - so don't hold your breath.

Given the poor take up of AFPS05, PAS2009 will only really balance the field from about 2025 when everyone approaching their option will be on AFPS05.