PDA

View Full Version : H300 Cockpit

heliboy999
4th Aug 2008, 12:23
Does anyone know if there is a written off/ non Airworthy H300 (In the UK) that might be for sale? I am looking for the cockpit and skids mostly.

Cadet project so it needs to be relatively cheap.

Any ponters greatly appreciated.

HB

Kicking Horse
4th Aug 2008, 14:52
There used to be (about 2 years ago!) a bubble + skids at Oxford airport that was part of CSE maintenance.
When they stopped the flying school the training heli's were sold, but I don't know what happened to the remnants?
The old salesman (steve something) is now at Cabair Cranfield if that is of any use.

KH

parasite drag
4th Aug 2008, 15:48
Hughes 269A damaged beyond economical repair last Monday in Peacehaven...subject to an insurance claim for the time being, but afterwards it may be available....

PD

FLY 7
4th Aug 2008, 17:25
Caseright at Turweston might have one/know of one.

heliboy999
4th Aug 2008, 17:33
Cheers all, the hunt is on!

heliboy999
4th Aug 2008, 19:33
Thanks, for the suggestions.

I have seen the ones at Biggin but they are still able to be made airworthy. I am looking for something that can be chopped up (Possibly)and mounted on a stand or trailer and used as a static display or thing of interest. The H300 would be better than a R22 cockpit because it is higher off the ground, has bigger doors/openings and is roomier for general people to get in and out of. Would hope to progress it to a Flight sim in the future but that depends on funds and know how.

Cheers

HB

Hughes500
5th Aug 2008, 09:22
How much of the airframe do you want ? I have one that I stripped after a crash

heliboy999
5th Aug 2008, 11:18
Mainly the cockpit, skids, glass and controls but its a project so whatever is available might be all we can get. Do you have any photos? PM me if so.

Cheers

HB